Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
From EVO mag; God--what a sound!
[www.youtube.com]

I guess that guy i the video pulling a trailer and getting in the fast lane either didn't look or car about who was coming up on him.
Guy with the trailer must have been Dutch. Seems they have it in for Porsches lately. winking smiley

Love the lane discipline. Not once (except for the trailer) do you see anyone cruising in the left lane, and even he moves over once he's made the pass. Why, oh why can't people drive like that here in NA. It would relieve so much frustration, "road rage" and help the flow of traffic.

Still remember driving on the Autobahn, coming up on a "slower", doing maybe 125 mph, car and he moved back to the right until I went by and them pulled out again to make his pass.

....and the sound, who needs coffee? That NA flat six. hot smiley
G-man is probably trying to calculate his fuel 'economy' now. winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
[www.youtube.com]

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Macan would be sweet if it had the 911 R's transmission.
Guenter in Ontario
Macan would be sweet if it had the 911 R's transmission.

Not true!

LOL Guether, if you recall, I was sitting next to you and her. YOU said you wanted a manual tranny; SHE said she wanted a Macan with a PDK. eye popping smiley

Get your poop together, my friend, and let her have the car she wants, just as she has done for you.smileys with beer

Date: Saturday, June 18, 2016
Time: Open house 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Pfaff Porsche, 101 Auto Park Circle, Woodbridge, ON

You can get a sneak preview of the new 718 Boxster, and she can spec out a 2017 Macan GTS thumbs up

[pfaffporsche.com]

Got an invite, including brunch from my dealer to, as you put it, "view and touch" the new 718 Boxster this Saturday. Not really interested until I can actually drive one.
Gosh Gary. You have a lot to learn about women. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

You're working on 2 week old information.
Guenter in Ontario
Gosh Gary. You have a lot to learn about women....

Don't we all cool smiley

Just as you have to learn that it's her prerogative to choose what SUV she wants, just as it was your choice to buy a Boxster. Seems you don't accept woman's rights.

No turn signal use over there? Amazing, until he hit about 250 kph, the steering wheel look really steady. What's that, like 150 mph?
db997S
No turn signal use over there? Amazing, until he hit about 250 kph, the steering wheel look really steady. What's that, like 150 mph?

It's a Brit driving. A German driver would have signalled. Yes. 250 kph is about 150 mph. (Actually 250 kph = 255.4 mph)
I'm sure it's a great car and an excellent driver and all perfectly legal ...

But doing that on a public road is just stupid.
SRG
I'm sure it's a great car and an excellent driver and all perfectly legal ...

But doing that on a public road is just stupid.

The facts state otherwise. There are far fewer accidents on the Autobahn per 1000 km driven, than there are on the North American Interstates.

[brandongaille.com]

When we rented a Porsche in Germany, the first time I took it too 250 kph (about 150 mph) on the Autobahn, my wife was terrified. A little while later, her perception changed. She ended up saying that travelling at 250 kph on the Autobahn actually felt safer than driving at 70 mph on our highways.

A lot of the reasons for that are stated in the linked article.
The facts do not state otherwise. The number of cars traveling at that speed would be a tiny fraction of 1%. Do your statistics isolate those and determine what their crash rate is?

I've been on the autobahn too. The first time was in 1972. I understand that there are only certain unlimited areas, the road is very good and that the drivers on them are generally quite good as well. All that being said, even under ideal conditions, 150mph is on the upper end of what I'd call reasonable (yes, 200mph is a very long way from 150) The autobahn is not a racetrack, closed course or a top speed testing facility. Inexperienced drivers, very old drivers, people in cars that struggle to do 100, caravans, potential wildlife - they are all out there.

I imagine if enough pinheads somehow manage to acquire 200mph cars, a few crashes (well covered by the media) will be all the ammo the safety wennies need to put an end to the unlimited sections. That would/will be a shame.
It's only allowable on certain roads and on certain stretches. It's not like you're going to go roaring through Berlin at those speeds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login