Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Some in the Washington, D.C., area may remember that about a dozen years ago Porsche of Arlington had a good reputation for service, which disappeared. I went in there today to have a keyhead replaced and was quite impressed with the service. Granted, this is a minor item and they were fixing something that came from them, but they were very professional and courteous about it, so I'm wondering what experience any others have had of late.

If you're in the market, as I wish I were, they have a really nice looking low-mileage silver 993 on the showroom floor that I bet won't be there long.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
Several years ago, PoA was sold to Rosenthal Automotive Group. I've been using PoA since my first Porsche in 1998 with no issues. They used to have the feel of a small-time dealership, even to the point of a dumpy/divey showroom. I do like the fact that they now have Saturday hours for service and parts, but I recalled two times when my CEL went on. The first was with the old PoA. They hooked my car up to the code reader and cleared it for free (lose gas cap). A couple of months ago, my CEL went on and the new PoA, charged me like $180 to clear it, but if there was a larger issue, that money would gone towards the work, which is good, but it wasn't a larger issue. So, while they may seem "more professional," I think being part of a larger automotive group, they lose that sense of brand loyalty and commitment to long-time customers for the bottom line. Now, that being said, I haven't had any issues with the work the new PoA has performed, and I still use them. I just know that my wife and my wallet aren't going to like it much. I've used the old and new PoA more out of convince--live in Arlington and work in DC near Metro. PoA has always had a shuttle to the Metro. Most of the good indie shops are further away and not near the Metro, or at least not near the lines I need to take.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login