Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I've never been a big fan of what they think or report. But I didn't expect to see them contradict themselves on the same cars.
Because of the VW buyback and damages payment we are looking for a new station wagon, BUT truly a wagon, not a crossover and certainly not an SUV. So I have few choices.
We like the size of the Volvo V60 which is just the wagon version of the S60. Well the S60 is "recommended" with rating of 77. The wagon version is listed as only a 60 rating and obviously not recommended. Go figure.
Also after showing better than normal reliability in all areas they give it a worse than average reliability rating overall.....HUH?

Ratings for VW Golf wagons, sedans and the Jetta line up are also quite contradictory although most components are exactly the same. As I said never gave them much credit and a close look confirms my doubts about them.
Using CR for advice on cars is like asking PETA to help pick your horses at the track.
Compared to the non-Wagon:
- Worse headlights (poor vs. good)
- Worse mpg
- Worse ride quality
- Predicted reliability ("based on information from more than 740,000 survey respondants")
- More expensive
- Bad rear window visibility
- "Faux-SUV treatment detracts from handling ability found in the non-XC V60" - not sure what that means

The actual review has many thousands of words of explanation. I suggest you read the whole thing.

IOW, they are not contradicting themselves.
They seem to be talking XC 60 (semi-SUV) rather that V 60 which is what IDs the photo. Those are quite different vehicles.
I'm not sure why the comment about the XC is included in the Cons for the review.

In any case, the wagon has many significant issues not found on the sedan.
My point is that except for the rear they are one and the same car, just as my Jetta wagon is essentially the same as the sedan. Hard to understand then those issues. By the way I've driven both the sedan and wagon. Now the XC is a much different car. So the horse is beat to deathconfused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login