Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm thinking there's not much chance they're going to make Porsche's Christmas Card list.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone who has been to Atlanta and actually experienced the new cars in the flesh, err metal. My local Porsche dealer SM was there a few weeks ago but he's on vacation. Before that the tech was away on 718 training and he came back with some nice engine pics -- as part of the training I guess an an engine tear down was done -- but he didn't get to ride in any new cars let alone drive them.

There was a new Boxster at the dealer last week, still in the shipping wrapper some, and not prep'd for sale. I'm awaiting the arrival of the new Cayman and a test ride/drive to experience one for myself.

Yes, I'm thinking of buying one, a new Cayman. Base or S? I haven't decided yet. In fact I haven't decided if I want to buy a new Cayman or perhaps to avoid the horrendous new car depreciation to settle for for a good used Porsche for my next car, or perhaps even venture away from the Porsche brand and experience another car for a while.

Did go out last Sunday evening and kicked the tires of some new Dodge Challenger R/T models. Specifically looking for a Scat Pack optioned car. Dealer had big markups on the cars I found -- most were the 5.7l engine cars -- but the dealer had too many new 2016 and 2015 examples and too many used examples for that markup to be anything but a dream as far as I'm concerned.
Marc, it's always nice to try American Muscle. I did for 5 years and enjoyed it to a point. Happy to be back in P-cars though and enjoy the total package.

I went the well used route to get back into the Cayman. One note, those muscle cars are big and the Dodge is even bigger than my Mustang Bullitt.
MarcW
I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone who has been to Atlanta and actually experienced the new cars in the flesh, err metal. My local Porsche dealer SM was there a few weeks ago but he's on vacation. Before that the tech was away on 718 training and he came back with some nice engine pics -- as part of the training I guess an an engine tear down was done -- but he didn't get to ride in any new cars let alone drive them.

There was a new Boxster at the dealer last week, still in the shipping wrapper some, and not prep'd for sale. I'm awaiting the arrival of the new Cayman and a test ride/drive to experience one for myself.

Yes, I'm thinking of buying one, a new Cayman. Base or S? I haven't decided yet. In fact I haven't decided if I want to buy a new Cayman or perhaps to avoid the horrendous new car depreciation to settle for for a good used Porsche for my next car, or perhaps even venture away from the Porsche brand and experience another car for a while.

Did go out last Sunday evening and kicked the tires of some new Dodge Challenger R/T models. Specifically looking for a Scat Pack optioned car. Dealer had big markups on the cars I found -- most were the 5.7l engine cars -- but the dealer had too many new 2016 and 2015 examples and too many used examples for that markup to be anything but a dream as far as I'm concerned.

Marc
If you're in the market for a Cayman, a 2 year old CPO probably makes a lot of sense; I'm thinking you'd save $15K off a comparable 2017, get the flat six and 4 years of warranty.
If you're looking for a Muscle Car, think 5.0 Mustang--base model with manual.I've seen them advertised with some dealers in nearby states for $29K after discounts. My EB was in a VA dealer lot outside of DC with a $24K price when my dealer found it.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Andreas Preuninger head of the GT division. Check out around the 18:30 mark.

[www.youtube.com]
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I'm beginning to wonder if one of your earlier posts suggesting that Porsche might be trying to kill off the Boxster, is correct.

In the past, the Boxster reviews have been rave reviews calling it a car in a league of its own, normally ranked at the top in comparison tests. That's not the case with the 718 any more.

Add to that the increase in pricing, Here in Canada, the 718 Boxster has gone up by $5,300 to $63,900 which doesn't even include the destination charge. The 718 Boxster S has gone up by $5,800 to $78,000.

Checking out the dealer inventories, only a couple of 718 Boxsters are available at slightly less than $80,000 with most between $80,000 and $90,000. Only a couple of S's under $100,000, with most in the $100,000 and $110,000 range. eye popping smiley

Considering what they've done to the Boxster and the price increases should leave the dealers with an ample supply on hand. There just won't be many on the road.
Lots of similar inventory here in SoFL with dealerships hosting whine and cheese parties or luncheons to introduce folks to the wonderful new 718's. Kinda sad, really. Good car, way overpriced, and the magic is gone. For me, anyway.

The review appeared to be quite balanced - they identified what they liked (there was lots they liked), and what they didn't like (mostly the sound).

In the end, they felt the 718 was 'deeply impressive', just not as much as the 981. That 'sounds' about right. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login