Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Pano Editor
Tomy996 - 7 years ago
I have been away from this board for way too long but does anyone know what has become of Panorama's top tier editor, Pete Stout? PAC really hasn't said anything other than the old "other opportunities" and I understand that I suppose. The management team has to respect his privacy. So anyone know? I found nothing archives.

Tom
Re: Pano Editor
MarcW - 7 years ago
From back in June shortly after it was announced Pete Stout was leaving Panorama, there's this from P. Stout: "I can't share what's next yet, but am very excited about it and will do so when I can. Frankly, I haven't been able to keep up with all of the calls, texts, IMs, PMs, LinkedIn messages, forums, etc—and problems with my phone last week didn't help. I've been totally overwhelmed by all of the support, and am really thankful to have so many relationships like these. And that's about all that one can say in such a case like this.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm actually going to do something I haven't done since college: take some time off and recharge for the next adventure. High on the priority list is a real vacation with my family, and a chance to just stare at the Pacific Ocean over my extremely white feet. Don't worry, I won't post any photos! "
Re: Pano Editor
Tomy996 - 7 years ago
Hmm. So know one but Pete knows still. I know it will go well for him but what a shame we (PCA) couldn't get him to stay
from what I've heard of the 'situation'. This of course marries well w/ the typical corporate-esque statement [sic] "we appreciate so and so's contributions over the past X and wish them well in their future endeavors".

Regardless, IMNSHO, Pano benefited from some very nice transformations the first couple months Pete jumped on board; most notably his edict to curtail the inordinate amount of khaki w/ white sneaker articles. However, the past year or so though I've hardly read more than 25% of any issue despite the (though until late, mostly useless) Pano [ahem] app. Unfortunately for us Porsche periodical 'mavens', his former magazine suffered an even more dramatic absence of content voiding us of not just one but two sources... confused smiley

"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login