Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I don't know if this is unique to my area, but has anyone else noticed an increase in Maseratis driving around? I've seen two or three sports models and a few sedans lately.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
I do. There are couple in my neighborhood, and my wife has a good friend who has a Ghibli...She says she needs it for her business (jewelry) to attract customers. She was thinking to file a complaint under the lemon law because the car's HVAC unit has failed like 3 times already, and the dealer still can't fix it. It has a nice exhaust sound though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2016 01:39PM by boxtaboy. (view changes)
Re: Maseratis
db997S - 7 years ago
Earlier in the year, I got an offer in snail mail from Maserati for me to trade in my 2009 Porsche 911 S Cab for one of their cars. So, could be aggressive marketing. Was impressed that they knew the car I drove, so very targeted marketing effort. But, I'm in the DC area, the plethora of cars is absolutely amazing. Not uncommon to be behind a bunch of car candy, including Maseratis (saw a guy driving a pristine TR6 to work in rush hour) . So, hard to tell if there is an increase recently. I was behind a Maserati the other day, and oh, that exhaust note is pure music. The looks are pretty great, too. Yeah, if I was a real estate agent or somebody who took clients out and about, I'd probably have one, but besides the looks and the sounds, not sure how much driving enjoyment they bring. If I was going sedan, it would most likely be Panamera, route. The handling is supposedly amazing. I've sat in the back seat of one, and it is more comfortable than most front seats. Interesting to see how much "nicer" the exterior is on the 2017 models.
I'm also in the D.C. area, so we may be seeing the same cars.
I hear them and man are they loud.

When I first heard them I wondered if it's electronic with some switch so that they can jump from normal to really FN loud?

Upon reading Autoweek's review I found "...pneumatically controlled exhaust bypass valves...", so I guess the sound is not a fake attention-getter, but produced by the engine!
Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2016 09:07AM by tom coughlin. (view changes)
Re: Maseratis
jg wnc - 7 years ago
Seem to be more on the road here in ATL. I think Maserati has been more aggressive in selling and advertising both nationally and locally. I have seen ads for Maserati in WSJ and the local fishwrap. The Maserati dealer is also one of the Porsche dealers here.
I think they're beautiful cars but I gather the service is, not surprisingly, less than one would want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login