Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Last day of NNJR Watkins Glen event. Combined Red/Black run groups. Extended passing. And some very fast cars piloted by very capable drivers.

Wonderful, sunny track after a dreary weekend. That said i got in every run, even if it was "rain and street tires".

I truncated the first couple of laps in which i saw not one single car. I guess all the fastest guys were circling the other end of the track.

Enjoy!

Watkins Glen Video

-Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
As is demonstrated at 6:11 in your video.

j/k

Looks like a fun time. My comment is borne out of envy.
I gave two pass signals. He was expected to take it..... and scoot. terrific driver in a bit of a sleeper car.

G

Grant

The segment in the 6:00-7:00 range why it is so important to watch your mirrors in those run groups--you never know when somebody in a really fast car will come up on you and will look to pass just about anywhere.
That pass coming out of the bus stop was interesting--you really don't much room to go anywhere.
you bet....
grant - 7 years ago
I started using the carousel as a quick passing place with a clear strategy - give up the turn but give the overtaking car the inside line. That means they have a shorter line and more camber and (with luck) can just sail by --- fast. In Red & Black it mostly works. I went out to coach a friend in white and, well, it didn't work so well. I finally did the scooting (which messed up our lead/follow). My "MO" is to have constant "360 deg scan" going on. Some of those cars are vastly faster. Of course when i lift and/or brake to help it looks even more dramatic :-)

I tried to give chase, and closed the gap a bit in 6/7/8, but between 9 and 10 they just flew off into the distance like riders into the sunset. Oh well :-)

Will I see you at VIR? How about the solo event at WGI in Sept?

G

Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 08:36AM by grant. (view changes)
Re: you bet....
MikenOH - 7 years ago
Nope to both events; we have the Ford racing class in Utah the end of August and Mid-OH end of Sept.
Re: you bet....
newt - 7 years ago
Grant : when will you be at VIR? I am scheduled to go Labor day weekend (3 days on the full course) and 3 weeks later when our local PCA chapter (First Settlers) is hosting an event SEP 16, 17 and 18. This event is one day on the north course and 2 days on the south course. Maybe I'll see you at one of these.

Newt
. . . is for NNJR's event Oct 28, 29 & 30th. Mid Sept (14-15) I'll be at The Glen, and labor day weekend (well, 26-28) I'll be at Palmer Motorsports Park - the new roller-coaster in Central Mass. Maybe some day when my work schedule allows for more flexibility I can add another long trip. For now i need to get Mid-Ohio back on my dance card.

Thanks for checking,and have fun. Its probably my favorite track.

Grant

Grant

OK well have fun. Maybe see you down the road sometime.

Newt
Simon Kirkby managed to get another 4-5 sec out of it by..... not braking much and carrying even higher speeds through corners.

At some tracks where i have less caution, I can stick much closer by simply going faster through turns, entering the straight 5 mph faster,
and getting less clobbered by HP :-)

Unfortunately i was reminded how unforgiving WGI is last Saturday (day before that video was shot) when i was a passenger in a car that made pretty serious contact.

So it keeps me, well, careful.

G

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login