Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I just got the buy back numbers for my 4 year old Jetta Sportwagon TDI.

$16,950 for the car.
$6,376 damages.
$1000. good will package.
$24,326 total.

This for a car that new sold to me for $26,839 four years and 34,000 miles ago.

I'm happy with the buyout program. I wish every car I had would cost me only $2,513 over 48 months or so.

Thinking of an Audi Allroad or a Volvo V60 wagon. Any input. Yes I know Volvo is Chinese owned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2016 01:17PM by dennisafrompa. (view changes)
Whats the Blue Book Value? Just curious what you'd get for trade-in value.
I have a 2014 (B8) Allroad, loaded. Excellent car.
The new B9 Allroad (will arrive in NA this fall) will be an even better car, leaving aside any first-year issues.
Kelly blue book shows 11-12K trade in and 12-13K private sale. I've seen these cars with gas engines for much less and of course you really can't sell a diesel right now.
Great deal Dennis. Biased, but I'd get the Audi.
This may help
Roger987 - 7 years ago
Roger987
I have a 2014 (B8) Allroad, loaded. Excellent car.
The new B9 Allroad (will arrive in NA this fall) will be an even better car, leaving aside any first-year issues.

[m.youtube.com]

BMW and Merc offer wagons (though I think the C-class wagon will come only to Canada, and not the US).

The Bimmer offers a sportier drive than the Audi. They are both very good cars. A couple test drives should help you decide.
It effectively prevents an owner from suing individually for damages. I wonder what they are offering people that bought a used VW right before the scandal broke?
dennisafrompa
I just got the buy back numbers for my 4 year old Jetta Sportwagon TDI.

$16,950 for the car.
$6,376 damages.
$1000. good will package.
$24,326 total.

This for a car that new sold to me for $26,839 four years and 34,000 miles ago.

I'm happy with the buyout program. I wish every car I had would cost me only $2,513 over 48 months or so.

Thinking of an Audi Allroad or a Volvo V60 wagon. Any input. Yes I know Volvo is Chinese owned.

Dang, I knew I should have bought one of those. Hard to walk away from an offer like that.
They take it out of one consumer's pocket and put it in another.
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Boxsterra
They take it out of one consumer's pocket and put it in another.

and from share holder equity.........
Not mine. I've never owned a VW and brought my Porsche before the merger.
dennisafrompa
Yes I know Volvo is Chinese owned.

Hi Dennis!

Regarding the Chinese... Folks our age remember that China was the 2nd biggest threat to world peace behind the Soviet Union.... this was just a short time ago, and the USA and others spent massive amounts of money on hardware and strategic actions to mitigate their very real threat. Economic integration is the key lowering risk. That they own Volvo is not a bad thing..... Just ask yourself this...."Why is the likelihood of Japan attacking the USA again like they did at Pearl Harbor so low?"

Sorry for the hijack.... just couldn't help myself.

Regarding which car? I always start with Consumer Reports..... I keep cars a long time and maintenance/reliability is a big issue with me.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2016 10:43AM by Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S). (view changes)
I wasn't mentioning that fact from a geo-political standpoint. I'm 74 and realize we are all better off when we all have something to live for. Too bad the young men in the Middle East don't have that incentive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login