Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
After reading a recent post on another site I went out this morning and checked my convertible top Ball joints...guess what... the passenger side was broken the arm was just lying there unless. I am surprised the drivers side can handle all that stress for gosh knows how long.confused smiley.

I order them though the link on the other boards thread for the plastic ball that screws on the end of the arm. Porsche would make you order the complete arms...both sides.

After looking at how much space there is I decided to take the arm off as there is ample space once in service mode. The arm was just hanging around anyway.

Crazy Glue did not work:eye rolling smiley

This will make it easy to replace the plastic ball as well.

The mark on the arm will tell me where to bolt it back on as well.

Once I get the parts I will post my results. cool smiley

Mike

MIKELLIG
The passenger side ball broke. When I ordered the replacement part 4 years ago they came in as a pair. I used one and put the other one away for safe keeping.

I don't have a clue were that is though?confused smiley

Ordered another pair.thumbs up

I am getting good at this repair...as long as i can remember what I did. Thank goodness I can refer back to Pedros Board!

ME

MIKELLIG
Sure you didn't put it in the back trunk of the car?

Good luck with repair #2.

Andrew
those ball ends are meant to be sacrificial. Make sure you lube the entire operation and inspect cables and such.

But otherwise - good catch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login