Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
When I went to open the trunk from the driver's seat, the button fell inside the housing. Before I start tearing the housing apart I though I'd ask for advice and tips from somebody who has removed it before. Thanks in advance. Tom
When I purchased my Box from Pedro, standing in his garage, not knowing how to properly work the trunk release button, I pushed it straight down (rather than horizontally) and right through the housing - to my utter and complete embarrassment. Pedro, being the jack of all trades, and super nice guy that he is, simply unbolted the two rear mounting bolts of the seat, and tilted it forward. This was necessary to reach the rear bolt (#7 in the schematic) with - I think it was an allen wrench. Once the housing cover was removed, he simply popped the switch back through. For me, it would have taken an hour to figure this all out, but for Pedro - easy-peasy - 5 minutes.
Thanks, 'cause that's exactly what I needed. When I popped off the plastic "buttons" all I could see was carpet (and of course I didn't no idea how I was ever going to reach the rear one). Thanks again, Tom
Happy to help! We're all in this together smiling smiley

Hey, I see you're in or near Dedham - Hi neighbor! Stoneham here. Do you ever go to the Taunton or SoBo Cars and Coffees? There's a SoBo tomorrow and I think I'll head down for a nice ride.
But I do end up at the one they sometimes have in Tiverton, RI.
Oh, I don't know about the one in Tiverton. I wish I could find a C&C on the North Shore, although the the SoBo is very nicely organized. Good turnout today - about 30-40 cars.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login