Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I had to replace the expansion tank on my 2001 Boxster (tiptronic) this weekend. In doing so I removed the rear transmission cover to see if I could get better access to the hoses. I had to pry the cover off and now I can't get it back on. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you get it back on? I did a search on this topic and didn't find anything. Is this due to the suspension settling (meaning some bushings really need to be replaced)?

Thanks,
Mike
... ream the holes a bit so the skid plate fits back in.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks Pedro, I thought of that and will end up reaming them but I would like to determine the reason it wouldn't fit.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2016 07:43PM by MikelSr. (view changes)
... bolts that hold the diagonal braces and remove the skid plate with the suspension loaded, the stance will widen a bit.
When you have the car on a two-post lift where the suspension is not loaded, this doesn't happen.
If you install a TechnoBrace that will not happen but without it there's nothing to hold the bottom end of the suspension in place.
Happy Boxwtering,
Pedro.

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2016 10:03PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
Thanks Pedro, that is what I thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login