Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
GOING INSANE!!!! I can't take much more!
Dan08BoxS - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 6:13:45 pm
Hello Everyone... it has been a long….very long….off-season….. and I am suffering from one major case of "I hate winter- itis".

It is only the 22nd of February, and here in Chicago….it could be another couple of months of white $hit…..snow and salt!!!! My beautiful mistress is tucked away warm and asleep in the garage… I cannot bring myself to wake her until the warm air melts the snow and spring showers wash away the tons and tons of car-eating corrosive salt off the streets….

I am afraid I will not make it to spring time without some help from everyone on this board...I need pictures, stories of spirited drives, videos of DE and AutoX…. of hearing the symphonic sounds of the beloved flat-six… I need help to make it to spring. I need your help!!!!!

Please share any and all pictures, videos….stories…. of all things Porsche and in particular of your Boxsters. For those in warmer climates…. Have pity on those of us who live for Spring, Summer and Fall Boxster Driving…. Wintertime is a long dark….and lonely season…..

Sincerely
Dan08BoxS
Re: GOING INSANE!!!! I can't take much more!
EdSac - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 6:59:46 pm
Temps went up to about 60 F today. Put the top down on my convertible ( NBC ). It's supposed to rain Thursday and Friday. But then it should be top down weather again. Almonds are in full bloom. Wildflowers are starting. Pictures soon.
You're a cruel man, Ed
Red_Lightnin! - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 7:01:29 pm
Don't worry Dan, I'm with you. We got an inch of ice in DC last night. Made for quite a fun drive to the shop this morning to get some things fixed.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
5" of snow here overnight...
Dave In MD - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 7:14:08 pm
and I'm with ya! Definitely got cabin fever. Spent part of my off day yesterday looking at maps of the Little Switzerland, NC area trying to see if I could extend BRBS a few days and do something in the WARM! Even made plans to get the car to the shop next Monday to have it looked at before the DE at VIR. It'll be the first time out of the garage since the first of November.

Here's to warmer days! smileys with beer

[lh6.googleusercontent.com]

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Re: I'll take cutting grass over shovelling s**w any day.
Dan08BoxS - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 10:30:24 am
I am with you on that! I would much rather cut grass.....do yard work that shovel the White $hit!
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 22 February, 2011, at 8:00:03 pm
I share your pain, Dan. Sunny today, but well below freezing here.

These should help you warm you up.

Just south of Sedona, AZ

....and the temperature was: (41 C = 106 F)

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Alcantera - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 6:33:05 pm
SNOWTIRES !!!! I can hear you guys now " yes MS Adrina Lima I would like to have you jump into my bed and make you howl like Lassie, but i just put on fresh sheets; and its just hell getting stains out !! "http://askmen.com/video/celebs/40-adriana-lima.html
grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley Good one. *NM*
Alberta Alex - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 11:11:42 am
She was actually winking at me...... cool smiley
Re: Sure glad I live in Colorado
bgale (Montrose,CO) - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 12:59:57 pm
I was out yesterday again - no top down; it was only 45 deg. My Box did hibernate for almost 4 months though.

Oh yes, the elevation here is about 20 feet short of 6,000 ft. Closer to the sun and all that.drinking smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 1:42:55 pm
bgale (Montrose,CO)
I was out yesterday again - no top down; it was only 45 deg.

No top down at 45 degrees???????? confused smiley Definitely would have the top down around here. smiling smiley

Hey, I'd even think about the A/C. winking smiley
He wasn't talking about the temperature Guenter -
Red_Lightnin! - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 2:57:15 pm
87 is the average age in the state! grinning smiley

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Re: He wasn't talking about the temperature Guenter -
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 3:14:26 pm
If you move here John, you'll increase that average tongue sticking out smiley

I may oggle the beach bunnies, but I don't have any, Guenter sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 03:17PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Red_Lightnin! - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 3:21:29 pm
Gary in SoFL
If you move here John, you'll increase that average tongue sticking out smiley

Not the average age I won't. But I will certainly up the State's B-S Output, which is saying something! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 4:16:13 pm
So what's holding you back? We have an excellent Boxster/Porsche indie shop locally. drinking smiley
Dan08BoxS - Wednesday, 23 February, 2011, at 2:35:21 pm
It actually got warm here last week....the problem the thick layer of caked on salt was insane... I thought real hard about taking her out of storage.... but decided to let the spring rains wash the salt away.... before I do....
bgale (Montrose,CO) - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 12:29:15 pm
Don't use salt around here - good old mag chloride. That's if they do anything at all. Would you believe that Montrose, at almost 6000 ft in the Rockies doesn't have any city-owned snow removal equipment? When I lived in VA they had equipment; just didn't know when or how to use it.

Sorry Guenter, I used that 4 letter word.eye rolling smiley
Dan08BoxS - Thursday, 24 February, 2011, at 1:56:42 pm
Well....much to our chagrin.....there is more of that white s--t headed our way tonight… This storm will take us into record territory for snow here. I then hear we are in for an “active” weather pattern for the next week or so after that!!!! angry smiley I wish I could smack old Al upside his head and ask him where the“ Warming” is and hunt down that damn Pennsylvania rodent that predicted Spring was right around the corner….

Yes… I know… I need help…confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login