Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm looking for cheap-o hoses to use as caps when i service calipers.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 08:24PM by grant. (view changes)
nm *NM*
grant - 7 years ago
Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2016 08:24PM by grant. (view changes)
If so, just sacrifice existing ones w/ simple crimp/pinch over using vice grip/clamp.

If not, simply use rubber cap or plug i.e. vacuum cap/plug. Then wrap w sandwich baggy or shrink wrap for good measure. Might lose a drop or two over very long period but minimal in my experience and all sorted upon full flush at reinstall... and considerably less than is lost upon removal of caliper winking smiley . Lore will have you Saran Wrap reservoir cap too but you've got big issues w braking period were that necessary grinning smiley

"Cool Prius!"

-Nobody
rubber caps do not work, because the flare fitting requires compression to seal. Putting it just over the flare itself is partially successful, but i'd like better.
A cap can work temporarily, but not if, for example, I want to take it off for a few days while i work on it or get parts. Taking a chance of air slowly entering the ABS pump is just too big a chance to take.

I have no plans to replace the lines I have. I plan to order two of the cheapest I can find ( or get take-offs from a local shop).

Either way, what i want to confirm is the thread and flare spec.

Thanks,

Grant

Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2016 10:06AM by grant. (view changes)
... it's my go-to.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
cheap Female-female hoses. I put a machine screw/bolt in one end, and the other accepts the flared brake line. Elegant.

Worldparts parts from WorldPac. Cheap.

Grant

Grant

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login