Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Compared to last September, Boxster/Cayman sales are down about 30%. 911 sales are down almost 40%. ...hmmmm

I wonder what Porsche reads into those figures.

[press.porsche.com]
I believe that everyone was waiting for the turbos and the hefty price increases.sad smiley

MIKELLIG
Hefty discounts available for any remaining stock especially after the 1st of the new year.

Could be a replay of back in 2008/2009. I recall back in early (March/April) 2009 Porsche was heavily discounting unsold new car stock. That's how I was able to buy a new 2008 Cayman S for $12K off of its $62.6K sticker price with no more negotiating that just walking onto the showroom floor and signing a check. Oh, I did manage to wrangle a bit of an extra trade in allowance for my 2006 Pontiac GTO with just under 40K miles.
Yup, got my 2009 997S Cab in Nov. 2009 for 25% off MSRP. No desire for a new one. Not because of the changes, just no need to fork out those kinds of dollars at this point. I retie in 8 1/2 years, may wait and buy myself a Euro Delivery package, if the Boxster is still being produced. I'll more than likely go back to the Boxster. Prefer the two-seater and the driving dynamics of the car. Now, the wife and I may go down to one car, which could toss a wrinkle into those plans. Maybe a Panamera Hybrid for Euro Delivery.
Guenter in Ontario
Compared to last September, Boxster/Cayman sales are down about 30%. 911 sales are down almost 40%. ...hmmmm

[press.porsche.com]

I think after a few more months we'll have enough of a trend to see if Porsche has laid an egg with the 718. Locally, the 3 launch cars that I drove 2 1/2 months ago are still on the dealer lot. Now that it is October, I suspect stock ragtops and sports cars in general are going to be a hard sell in these parts without some substantial discounting. Marc--the stars may be aligning again for you to get that killer deal.I think the Cayman or Cayman S would be a hoot of a daily driver--if you can get your head around the VW bug noise coming out of the base car.

Regarding the 911, to me that seems like a bigger issue for Porsche, given the margins on the car and the numbers sold. With that big bump in the 991.2 price and the turbo motor, it may have been too much of a change at one time.On the bright side, CPO sales were up roughly 10%--IIRC correctly.
MikenOH
Guenter in Ontario

[press.porsche.com]

I think after a few more months we'll have enough of a trend to see if Porsche has laid an egg with the 718. Locally, the 3 launch cars that I drove 2 1/2 months ago are still on the dealer lot. Now that it is October, I suspect stock ragtops and sports cars in general are going to be a hard sell in these parts without some substantial discounting. Marc--the stars may be aligning again for you to get that killer deal.I think the Cayman or Cayman S would be a hoot of a daily driver--if you can get your head around the VW bug noise coming out of the base car.

Regarding the 911, to me that seems like a bigger issue for Porsche, given the margins on the car and the numbers sold. With that big bump in the 991.2 price and the turbo motor, it may have been too much of a change at one time.On the bright side, CPO sales were up roughly 10%--IIRC correctly.

Dropped my Turbo off at the dealer the other day to have a sticking ignition key problem sorted. It was a Sunday so I parked the car on the lot and got a ride home from my sister who was in town for some quilt thing and afterwards we got together for lunch. From the restaurant she followed me a few blocks down the street to the dealer. Next day I was at the dealer to drop off the key and got a chance to look closer at the new Porsche I parked the car next to. A Carrera S in graphite blue -- very nice -- with a grey interior. The exterior color was eye-catching. Car is a Cab though and I am not interested in another soft top Porsche.

As the SM and I walked to my car I said something to the SM about the graphite blue car next to it and said the car was nice but Oh the price. $134K. SM agreed the price was considerable but that wasn't stopping people from buying the new Carrera. He indicated sales have been very good, at least at my local dealer.

Not sure I care that much about the noise as long as it doesn't intrude into the cabin. I don't like a real noisy exhaust. I spend too much time in my cars to put up with noisy exhaust.

I've only heard the car via video clips. I have yet to really hear one in person and I have yet to even experience one as a passenger let alone as a driver.

We'll see. I can wait. And I don't need to buy another Porsche right now. I am very comfortable keeping the two I have and enjoying them as long as I can afford to keep them on the road. Compared to what a new car would cost I can afford to keep them on the road a long long time. 'bout the only thing that would change this would some serious to the point of a fatal engine problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login