Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I had an illuminating experience yesterday relating to the Porsche wave.

I left my office in Alexandria, Va., and was driving through a somewhat transitional neighborhood and saw an absolutely beautiful 1986 red 911 that I've seen in the neighborhood before. As the guy passed me, he not only waved back but slowed, and we talked as the light turned red and he told me about his car and invited me to drop by sometime. Then, about two hours later I was in a very wealthy suburb -- Great Falls, Md. -- and I waved at the first Porsche I saw with no response. As it happened, being rush hour, I passed I think 15 Porsches in a mile and a half. I guess out there my Hank Moody beat-up Boxster doesn't rate.

2001 Base, purchased in 2004, replaced engine at 130K+, RIP 2017
Wednesday on the way to work, I got behind a new White, 911S cab, top up. The guy was driving it hard. Yesterday on the way home from work, same road, and thought that I saw the same white cab, but when I go closer, it was a new Turbo S Cab, with yellow calipers. The top was up, but the guy wasn't driving it hard like the White S cab. Maybe Arlington Porsche had a special on white 911s. The Turbo S looks extremely wide and squat from the rear. The back wheels must be a good 8 inches wider on each side than the fronts. The new 911s are nice looking vehicles, just a bit too much badging on the backside.
The guy in the old car in a transitional neighborhood saved for and cherished that car. He waved back because he's an enthusiast.

Int he rich neighborhood, you passed people who bought whatever the cool transportation appliance de jour is, they are not enthusiasts, and don't know why you waved.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
[rainydaymagazine.com]

Don't think I've posted this link.... Porsche Day at the Auto Museum in Brookline MA this year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login