Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Champion?
decay - 7 years ago
Just a question for any South Florida folks. Has anyone dealt with Champion recently for buying a car? I tried them 6 years ago, and it was the weirdest, most frustrating, unprofessional experience I have ever had at ANY car dealership.

Long story short:

1. I see a car online, and go to the dealer.
2. Find disinterested salesman, who while looking up the car in the computer, yells across the floor to his comrade about some woman who left a party the night before
3. Salesman can't find the car
4. Turns out it is being used as a loaner right now after tracking down the service guy who loaned it out, and taking me on a 15 minute tour of the dealership.
5. Asks if I would like to put down a deposit on the car, even though he does not know who has it, where it is, when it will be back, or the mileage.

This was a CPO car too.

I was thinking of going down there if only for the comedy.
... Justin Hoisington, General Manager of Porsche of West Broward.
Tell him I referred you. You will have a much better experience.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Contact ...
decay - 7 years ago
Thanks Pedro. I have been there, and they were very nice, but they don't have the car I want, unfortunately. The search continues.
... I perform several PPIs per week so I know where most of the good Porsches are.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Thanks Pedro,

I am looking for a CPO 981 Boxster with some very specific requirements (Xenon, Power/Heated/Ventilated seats). Figuring out dealer pricing on these cars is one of the mysteries of mankind. I missed an opportunity at an Orlando dealer as they dropped the price of one Boxster by almost 10k in a month, but I hesitated just a bit too long.
... you'll need to purchase through a dealer.
If you're having a hard time finding what you want, pick one of those dealers and ask them to get it for you.
They have access to all of the Porsche-leased vehicles and know exactly when each one comes off lease and with how many miles.
Give them also your realistic budget and I'm sure they can accommodate you.
Some dealers are not really interested in selling used (CPO) cars. Others are.
Porsche of West Broward sells more CPOs than new. The GM came from a used-only Penske Dealership in Atlanta.
Good luck.
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login