Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hmmm. 2013 Boxster S. Both of these luxurious extras stopped working a couple of thousand miles ago. Checked fuses (one for cooled seat motors, one for passenger seat cooled seat). Looked good. Interestingly, did not see a fuse for heated seats or driver's side cooled seat. Any ideas about what might be going on?
You have to be careful. One is a bad fuse might not look like one expects a bad fuse to look like.

Two is sometimes two (or more) seemingly unrelated circuits share a fuse. (Learned this the "hard" way when to disable the spoiler on my Turbo I pulled its fuse and then found I was unable to open the engine compartment lid. That electric latch motor was on the same circuit as the spoiler motor.)

I don't have a detailed list of fuse assignments for the newer model cars so if the chart on the back/inside of the fuse box lid doesn't have a detailed list of fuse assignments and its not in your owners manual you'll have to get this I guess from a tech at your dealer.
Still under warranty and I will have it checked out. The failure occurred only on the driver's side ... all OK on passenger side.
Be sure to come back and let us know what the diagnosis was.
Kinnick4Ever
Hmmm. 2013 Boxster S. Both of these luxurious extras stopped working a couple of thousand miles ago. Checked fuses (one for cooled seat motors, one for passenger seat cooled seat). Looked good. Interestingly, did not see a fuse for heated seats or driver's side cooled seat. Any ideas about what might be going on?

Did both of these features stop working on both seats? According to the manual, there's a separate fuse for each seat's ventilation motor. Not likely that two fuses would go at the same time.

If both features stopped working on just one seat, maybe an electrical connection to the seat has come loose.

Since it's a 2013, is it still under warranty?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login