Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I have tow boxsters (track, street-AX) and a seriously sporty wagon (hot rodded V8, coil-overs, track alignment) with AWD, snow tires and every creature comfort know to man 15 years ago :-) Dogs love it.

Its great. Listen to stereo, sit in comfy seats, and chase down sports cars. I love it. Unfortunately, they really are not all so great if pushed hard - mostly due to weight. Mine is very low, but SUV's are not. But even low, if you drive hard n the track, the brakes get "stupid hot" ( that's a technical term).

Now, i doubt most buying "sporty" SUVs would even know. I suspect its mostly important to a) look sporty, b) have badges and c) have a firm ride. Oddly, all this fir ride stuff can hinder adhesion on rough surfaces. I have the talk with my Pirelli USCR engineer buddy regularly. he, BTW aligned the Audi ---- way beyond what they say is advisable. Experience says "they" are wrong.

rant off

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
MikenOH
[www.autonews.com]

Comfort is now king?

I agree. For the majority of people, comfort is king. Don't forget about infotainment. Gotta be able to dictate and have your texts read to you so you can let your friends know what your had for lunch at MacD's. Car's got to do everything for you - shift, maintain your speed and distance, keep you between those lines, turn your lights on and off, stop your car if there's an almost invisible truck in front of you etc, etc, etc.eye rolling smiley

People just don't want to think any more. If they don't have an app for "that", then they can't do "that".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login