Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It's back, again eye rolling smiley
Ed B - 7 years ago
Codes P1128 and P1130 came back. Negative smoke test. I replaced the MAF sensor. Let's hope that fixes it.
Now I can't put gas in it. There is a good thread the on Pelican Parts forum. It doesn't seem to be the purge valve or the magnet sensor. No "click". Maybe the tank valve. Stay tuned.

Ed B confused smiley
As I recall MAF is not listed in my factory references as a possible source for these errors but if the MAF solves the problem that's what's important.

For the fueling problem I think with no click when you push open the filler tube flap this is due to a bad fuse. My reference for the 2000 shows E6 which is for NAVI, phone and ORVR.
Thanks Mark, Grant and Pedro.
Yes it was fuse E6. I hadn't checked the fuses. I didn't expect a bad fuse would prevent filling the tank.
Codes P1128 and P1130 are caused by air leaks according to the factory manual. I did a smoke test with no leaks found. There are threads on Rennlist stating that replacing the MAF sensor has fixed the problem. We will see.

If the MAF sensor isn't reading the air flow correctly, the fuel adaption could be affected enough to cause the codes. Maybe??

I'll see what happens in the Spring. It's time to store it for the winter. We had some snow flakes yesterday wit moe expected tomorrow.

Ed B smileys with beer
For the 1128/1130 codes, check the oil filler tube, oil fill cap and dipstick O-ring to make sure there are no air leaks.
Both of those codes are caused by an air leak.
As MarcW said, check Fuse E6.
Also, there's a vent line that runs from the evap canister to the throttle body.
Pinch the line at the throttle body and see if you can now put gas in the tank.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login