Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
We really lucked out with the weather yesterday. It was our last Fun Run of the UCR season. This one started from the south western shore of Lake Ontario, headed across the Niagara peninsula to the north shore of Lake Erie and followed the shoreline and ended up at a rustic restaurant called The Green Frog.

Gathering of the Porsches near Grimsby. The sun just starting to burn through the clouds and a fresh, windy 40 degrees.

Meet and greet, looking forward to a refreshing drive.

On the road.

GT Silver and Rhodium Silver with a splash of colour across the water.

Enjoying some a late lunch at The Green Frog.

Old and new.

One more splash of colour before the sun sets on the final Fun Run of the season.

Nice pics G. Good to see you had some near end of season fun. I noticed that you mount your front plate below the factory location relative to other Boxsters. Did you do this on purpose, and does it constrict airflow to the center radiator?
The Curven8tor, in contrast to the GTS next to it does not have a center radiator, so no air is constricted.
Actually, probably because the palte is a bit lower it may have a bit less drag.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

[i66.tinypic.com]

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
The Curven8tor, in contrast to the GTS next to it does not have a center radiator, so no air is constricted.
Actually, probably because the palte is a bit lower it may have a bit less drag.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

hmmmm..less drag. Maybe that explains why my 981 with the NA flat six gets better mileage than the 982. winking smiley
The 981 doesn't have a center radiator. It's just a cut out and "plug". I just prefer the look of the lower plate. It seems a little less noticeable than the factory supplied mount. If I had my "druthers", I would leave off the front plate.
Ah yes, I remember reading before that the center hole was a plug and not a radiator, so that makes sense. I also live in a place where front plates are required and wish it wasn't.
Guenter in Ontario
The 981 doesn't have a center radiator. It's just a cut out and "plug". I just prefer the look of the lower plate. It seems a little less noticeable than the factory supplied mount. If I had my "druthers", I would leave off the front plate.

Nice photos!

I drove about ten years without a front plate with my Miata, but finally gave up after a couple of warnings and which led to a ticket. They keep the warnings on the computer files!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2016 10:15PM by Tweety. (view changes)
Nice pics, Guenter. Perfect weather for a drive--did the heated seats get a workout?
MikenOH
Nice pics, Guenter. Perfect weather for a drive--did the heated seats get a workout?

Surprisingly, we didn't feel the need for the heated seats. We drove to the start with the top up because it was in the high 30's with a bit of mist and sprinkles. Once we started on the Fun Run (topless of course), it was into the 40's with the sun shining most of the time with the temps climbing into the high 50's, so just the heater on was all we needed to stay comfortable.
Great day! Who is the guy with the 986 wrecking the group shot by pointing the wrong way!

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Great Shots of great P cars and Great P Folks.

Wish i could have joined the group.thumbs up

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login