Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Wonder if they'll put it into a production 911...
[www.roadandtrack.com]
boxtaboy
Wonder if they'll put it into a production 911....

Not likely since the 911 has always been (semi) four seater. It's likely just for cars destined for the track. But, you never know.
I thought the Vette finally went mid-engine for one of its variants? Maybe the GT3 will, too, since it is a track-heavy car. The Cayman GT4 might be a 911 killer on the track. The 911's rear seats are useless. If Porsche offered a rear seat delete option in non-GT3 911s, I would have opted for it. Yeah, it's nice for access to things on road trips, but I got more stuff into my Boxster. Plus, it was all out of sight and secured. A two-trunk 911, with less worry of rear-weight bias, now there's a thought.
... for quite some time.
In fact the 2016 991 RSR was almost a mid-engined car.
Porsche has been slowly moving the engine's weigh bias forward and for 2017 it can finally be called a mid-engined layout, but I guarantee you that it's not that different from the 2016.
As soon as we get one in Club Racing, I'll let you know. It may be as close as the 48 Hours at Sebring in January, 2017.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
.. they will continue to push the motor/ transmission forward relative to the rear axel. Then they will use the small V-8 that many have said they need to win in international motorsports. Then they will simply turn the driver's sat 180 degrees, and have a front-mid engined car, water cooled V-8. In other words, the 928 lives.

:-)

Kidding.

or am I?

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
... on a 911 was that they turned the engine around, just like the Boxster and Cayman and now the transmission is behind the engine, not in front.
Happy Porscheing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Boxtaboy

12-shot gallery of Porsche 911 RSR
[www.ultimatecarpage.com]

baba
babamoto
Boxtaboy

12-shot gallery of Porsche 911 RSR
[www.ultimatecarpage.com]

baba

Thanks baba. Looks cool. thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login