Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
This is the first time I got this message...anything special I need to due?... besides an annual oil change and a biennial brake fluid change??

2006 987S - 55K Miles

Thank- you!!

MIKELLIG
It's likely your reminder for your annual oil change. At 60K miles, you're probably also due for some new plugs (if you still have the originals), serp belt and engine air filter. Although you probably had the belt replaced when your water pump went. If you have the service manual, it will list what's due at 60K miles.
Don't forget about the pollen filter. Otherwise you might get some dust in your convertible.
If you take the 1 minute of actual time and round up to the next whole hour. The dealer will do this sort of math simplification for you for no charge!
I've gotten that message every year of ownership. I assume the shop sets it up. I find it annoying having to clear it. Besides, ever since I purchased my first vehicle, I've paid attention to service and oil change intervals. I tend to hold onto cars for long stretches. You want them to last and be safe, you take care of them.
db997S
I've gotten that message every year of ownership. I assume the shop sets it up. I find it annoying having to clear it. Besides, ever since I purchased my first vehicle, I've paid attention to service and oil change intervals. I tend to hold onto cars for long stretches. You want them to last and be safe, you take care of them.

Unfortunately, those of us who look after regular maintenance seem to be in the minority. A lot of people just add gas and go until something on the car fails.

I've seen quite a few people driving around on obviously underinflated tires, practically bald tires etc. As long as it goes. It's OK.

A co-worker's wife's car had to have the engine replaced. She didn't think that red oil light being on every time she drove for a few weeks was very important, so she didn't mention it to her husband For people like this, car makers have to try to idiot proof cars.

If you've ever hit reserve with your 997, have you noticed that in addition to the gas gauge being in the reserve zone, tank symbol lights up AND you get a message "Consider remaining range."? Of course it won't end there. Cars in the future will automatically steer to the nearest gas station when you run low on gas, because who pays attention to the dashboard anyway (well except for having your email and texts read.)

Unfortunately, too many people don't want to be responsible for themselves.

rant off/
Guenter in Ontario
db997S

Unfortunately, those of us who look after regular maintenance seem to be in the minority. A lot of people just add gas and go until something on the car fails.

I've seen quite a few people driving around on obviously underinflated tires, practically bald tires etc. As long as it goes. It's OK.

A co-worker's wife's car had to have the engine replaced. She didn't think that red oil light being on every time she drove for a few weeks was very important, so she didn't mention it to her husband For people like this, car makers have to try to idiot proof cars.

If you've ever hit reserve with your 997, have you noticed that in addition to the gas gauge being in the reserve zone, tank symbol lights up AND you get a message "Consider remaining range."? Of course it won't end there. Cars in the future will automatically steer to the nearest gas station when you run low on gas, because who pays attention to the dashboard anyway (well except for having your email and texts read.)

Unfortunately, too many people don't want to be responsible for themselves.

rant off/

Guenter got fired up! I like it winking smiley

True story and sort of related. When my step-daughter first got her license and we let her take my wife's car at the time (RAV4) out by herself, she called us very upset. Said there was something wrong with the car. What is it we ask? It's a yellow light she says. We ask where the yellow light is, and she says near the gas gauge. Oh, by chance does it have a little picture of a gas pump on it? Yeah it does, is there a problem with the gas? Only that if you keep driving all over without asking your friends for gas money, you're going to run out of gas. Oooooohhhhh!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login