Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
On my 2008 and 20012 I had the same sport exhaust on both cars and it was easy to keep clean. My 2016 came with its own sport exhaust. Over time I learned there was a difference, the new tailpipe was hard to clean. I recently got a tip from my MGB mechanic to use 'White Polishing Compound'. I just gave it a try and it works great. It turns an impossible task into a five minute task with very little elbow grease. See attached.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Think this would work with 7 years of "soot" buildup on the tips? My car is one of those flat sixes that is an oil burner. My first two hardly consumed any oil, but this one is a couple of quarters a year. My tips are a mat black as a result. Not sure which is worse for them, the buildup or trying to now get rid of that buildup after such a long time.
No7 07610 White Polishing Compound - 10 oz
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$6.76
I also have PSE with chrome tips.

I find that I can usually wash off the black deposit with a sponge and warm water.

The only time it gets more difficult to remove is after it's been driven through a lot of rain. Then the black residue seems to get "baked" onto the pipes. Even then, I find just a mild cleaner wax quickly and easily cleans the tips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login