Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
... THANK YOU!
Words are not enough to express our gratitude for your service.
We all owe you.
And for those Vets who paid the ultimate sacrifice, you will forever be in our hearts.

[veteransdayus.com]

Happy Veterans Day,
PedrosBoard

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
his hat. I chatted with him for a few minutes and shook his hand. He was 22 then and operated the Higgins boats. He said he knew several 16 year old boys in the service. Imagine that, 16 years old and facing the horrors of war and D Day.
I used to visit the WWII memorial and there would still be quite a few veterans of that war visiting and standing/sitting there looking at the columns with the names of their battles etched on them. Then I'd walk further down to the Vietnam memorial and always look for my college friend's name on the wall.

My company and some volunteer friends provided the first computerized (286 era) way of finding a name on the wall.
Something that I always wanted to do and something I highly recommend doing. I don't think that one can even come close to imagining the sheer scale of the operation without seeing it first hand. The German defenses that the British, Canadian, and American troops faced and the losses they endured to succeed are unthinkable. It is truly awe inspiring.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2016 07:32AM by frogster. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login