Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
[www.carscoops.com]

375HP and what sounds like another version of the "sport" suspension.

I can imagine how expensive this one will be....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2016 04:52PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Is this the quick death of the 718 monkier? Usually, Porsche does these special models at the end of a model cycle to help generate sales and interest. Seems a bit soon for such a car, no?
the changes seemed underwhelming. How many HP does it take to make a difference?
Unless they are understating the bump in the GTS package, it seems to track what they did with the 981GTS--25HP added to the CS, sport exhaust, sport suspension and some other do-dad's. Make no mistake, I liked the 981 GTS, but this just seems like another way to add a little to the package and really jab the price. As the OP said, the GTS package was added near the end of 981 run; the 718 has only been out 4 months--I don't see the reason to add GTS package unless you don't see this model being around long or need to do something to bump sales.
I think if Porsche was smart, it would equip the GTS with the flat six - maybe the 3.8 used in the Spyder. It had 375 HP. It would still have it's two "more economica (on the European test cycle)l" versions.
In the past, the GTS versions (both 911 and Boxster / Cayman) have been with an extra 15 - 20 HP and an option package, including some modified bumpers. upgraded seats, sports exhaust and in the case of the 981, a choice of PASM or X73 Sport Suspension instead of the stock suspension.

From the HP / 0 - 60 times, according to Porsche specs it seems that 10 HP reduces the 0 - 60 mph time by roughly 0.1 seconds.

Porsche figures for the 981
Boxster 265 HP 5.8 seconds
Boxster S 315 HP 5.1 seconds
Boxster GTS 330 HP 5.0 seconds
Yes, but don't they usually come out around the middle of the model cycle or closer to the end of it? These seems fairly early to be tossing one around.
GTS models are now being introduced sooner after the model launch, as opposed to near the end of the run as in the past. See the Macan GTS, for example. I also understand a 911 GTS is imminent. GTS is becoming an additional trim level, just like S. Remember, in the past there used to be a 911T, a 911E, and 911S.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login