Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Went to the Tampa auto show and sat in both the 718 & 911. Is it my imagination, or is the seat cushion in the 911 a bit bigger? Always thought the same seats were available in all the Porsche models.confused smiley

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island)
Went to the Tampa auto show and sat in both the 718 & 911. Is it my imagination, or is the seat cushion in the 911 a bit bigger? Always thought the same seats were available in all the Porsche models.confused smiley

Porsche probably figures 911 owners have bigger pockets, so they provide more seat width.
boxtaboy

Porsche probably figures 911 owners have bigger pockets, so they provide more seat width.

grinning smiley but not true (about the seat width.)
Are you sure they were the exact same type of seat in both cars?

There are 4 different types of seats available (plus some special racing seats available in specialty models like the GT4, Spyder, GT3 etc.).

Compared to the standard sport seats, the Sport Plus seats have higher bolsters (seating and backrest) to support you better in the corners and could seem smaller than the standard seats.

Then there are the two different fully adjustable versions of the standard and Sports Plus seats which can be adjust in 14 or 18 different ways, depending on style. They could seem bigger or smaller, depending on how they're adjusted.

Bottom line is that the Boxster / Cayman / 911 all have the same seat choices available.

My recommendation, if someone is planning to order a car, is to try out all the different seat choices to get the one that feels best to you.
Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
...are for the American market.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login