Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm a little faster now with more consistent lap speeds. Only mods are pads, rotors & 18" Nitto NT05 tires. Looking at my AIM graphic charts, there is room for better speeds.

[youtu.be]

Hoping you and your family have a joyful Holiday season & a happy and healthy New Year.

Harvey

PCA, Chin & PBOC HPDE Instructor
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 981CS - PDK, GT Silver/Black
2008 997.1 C2 - 6 Speed, Meteor Grey/Sand Beige (gone)
2000 986S - 6 Speed, Arctic Silver (gone, but not forgotten)
Nice video, Harvey. What rotors/pads did you go with?

BTW, the AIM data logger and display is slick....
MikenOH
. What rotors/pads did you go with?

Still in a test phase. Please keep in mind, bad braking habits can cause premature wear with pads and or rotors. I'm working hard to brake later & harder and trail brake thru most turns.

I put titanium backing plates on both front and rears pads. I added the GT3 front fender liner air ducks which push more air to the rear of the calipers. When I replace the rotors, I will be drilling holes in the metal splash guards behind the calipers.

My GiroDisks 140mm upgrade were cracking or wearing out too fast for me using PFC 08 pads. However, I do like the initial bite they have. Per GiroDisk, this is a known problem. They have come out with a 150mm rotor with more veins (I believe 42 rather that 32). I will be putting them on in January and I'm going back to Pagid yellow pads.
... than you ever were with the 997!
I remember when you struggled to break 3:00 min and now you're approaching 2:30.
Way to go!

If I may, some critiques:
Turns 1 through 6 look great, especially turn 1.
You're lifting too early before 7. At least wait till the 3-cone marker.
Great job at 7, 8 and 9.

For 10 come out to the left edge of the track and don't lift till the 3-cone marker.
11,12 and 13 look good. At 13 let the car drift out to the rumble strips while on the gas. Don't steer away, let it take you almost to the dirt.

Now, this one is important. Here's where you're loosing time. At least 2 seconds!
Don't lift through Bishop's. Your car can make it with WOT. Trust it. Just use ALL the track but you'll see how much time you make.

15 and 16 look good.
You can come in a bit faster through 16 and, like 13, let it drift onto the rumble strips, almost to the dirt.
At 17 you're lifting way before the 3-cones.
Trust your brakes. You paid a ton of money for them and they don't get any better. They will slow you down enough to make the turn.
I like your line through 17.

Congrats.
Merry Christmas,
Happy Caymaning,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That's fun to watch. Sounds great, too. Thanks for sharing.

I've never been on a track, but hope to do a DE in 2017.
Looks like you're having a blast.

Haven't heard a flat six at speed for a couple of weeks and I know it's going to be a while. So I (and I'm sure most of the North of the Border Porsche drivers) will appreciate going along for a virtual drive anytime you and anyone else on the board will share.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login