Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
As of lately noticed that the passenger door window dose not go DOWN when the door is opened?

My guess it is a Fues ?

Been reading the list of Fuses but can not find a fuse number that controls the door window ?
Anyone have some ideas? Thanks
Boxster997
As of lately noticed that the passenger door window dose not go DOWN when the door is opened?

My guess it is a Fues ?

Been reading the list of Fuses but can not find a fuse number that controls the door window ?
Anyone have some ideas? Thanks

Not a fuse.

If the window doesn't drop when one handle is pulled this can be a mechanical problem: the mechanical linkage between the handle and the switch is bad.

If the window doesn't drop when either handle is pulled when the door is closed probably a handle switch. (There is other electro-mechanical hardware in the door that can possibly account for this behavior but the most common cause is a bad switch.)

Probably not the cause but just to be safe check the bottom of the door for any signs of moisture. What can happen is a door membrane can fail and allow water into the wrong area of the door and this water can cause electrical gremlins to appear first at the door/window then later if ignored at more distance locations.
but it's probably not. Nevertheless, I would check that first because it's trivial to check. Turn on the ignition and press the window down switch. If the window goes down, it's not the fuse. smiling smiley
As far as I understand from the OP's post one window works and the other doesn't. Normally both windows would work off a single fuse and I'd be surprised if it isn't the case here. If I am right it can't be the fuse.
All are listed as associated with power windows on an '01
Doesn't matter
Boxsterra - 7 years ago
unless the fuse test I proposed above fails. In that case, which fuse is blown will tell you which circuit (and which microswitch) is causing the problem.
... not dropping the i/4 inch just as the door opens?
or, not going down at all?

If the former, check to see if after the door opens you can make the window drop a bit by putting pressure on thre top edge of the galss.
If you can, the problem is the window regulator.

If the later, check the fuse as has been pointed out.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login