Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
[content2.us.porsche.com]

Says its for GT4 and GT3, but wonder if it would work on other models.

It is expensive!
No fuzzy dice
Boxsterra - 7 years ago
The URL you posted has no product in it. They probably load product pages via Javascript and don't put it in the URL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2017 12:03PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
OK, Let's try this
jg wnc - 7 years ago
Just copied and pasted the description"

Porsche Track Precision app

Detailed driving data can be displayed, recorded and analysed on a smartphone using the Porsche Track Precision app. Lap times can be manually stopped using the operating lever in the Sport Chrono function – automated via GPS – and compared on the smartphone. The app can also be used to display the driving dynamics, produce a video analysis and manage recordings, circuit profiles and driver profiles on the smartphone. Please note: App can only be used on tracks that are closed to the public. The use of this product (in particular video recording) may be prohibited in certain markets or at events due to legal requirements. Before using the app, please check whether this is permissible according to local legal requirements. Information on compatible mobile phones is available from www.porsche.com or your Porsche Centre. Note for 911 GT3 and GT3 RS: In conjunction with Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with additional performance display on the integrated 7-inch color touchscreen.
Anybody know what the price on this might be? I'm thinking that if will be substantial...

The advantage as I see it is that if you have a factory wireless connection to the ECU, you'll have access to all the engine data that you might not get through Harry's Laptimer or other smartphone based programs.
There are other products out there like Vbox, Aim and Traqmate for ECU data would likely supply the data with a wired connection or blue tooth connection but i'm not sure if you'd get all the data you could via the Porsche app.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login