Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Does anyone have pointers to good, reasonably inexpensive, cat test pipes for 986?

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
1. 986 00-04
2. O2 bungs
3. solid quality

Should be simple - its a pipe. Not so simple, some brands are stupidly expensive, other vague descriptions and no bungs to hold O2 sensors.

Grant

Grant gee-lenahan-at-vee-eff-email-dot-net
I haven't tried these myself, but will if my 2ndary cats fail one day. They seem to have the bungs to hold the 02 sensors.
[www.maxspeed-motorsports.com]
thank you.
grant - 1 month ago
Although i cough at $450 for two pipes.

I guess they sell six a year :-)

Re: thank you.
boxtaboy - 1 month ago
grant
Although i cough at $450 for two pipes.

I guess they sell six a year :-)

No prob. Fabspeed makes them too, but they're even more expensive at $595, and those don't even have the 02 bungs. smiling smiley
.. as it turns out, the 00+ cars don't monitor the front O2 sensors anyway. Would take a 5th and 6th O2

Do those fleabay ones fit? I thought they were for 97-99 models?
Yes.
grant - 1 month ago
The set i'm looking for (top Speed Pro, apparently made in Texas?) are for 2000-2004 2.7 and 3.2.
Some discussion of dicey quality control, but nothing a BFH wont fix.

No need for bungs on the 2000+ cars since its the secondary. My issue will be with the headers :-(

Grant

I've had the Fabspeed cat bypass pipes on my '02 S for many years. No problems whatsoever and the sound is great with the PSE.
.. that's exactly what prompted the question :-)

Grant

Yeah, and you usually get what you pay for.
I bought the Top Speed cat delete pipes a few years ago when they first came out, and they fit with very minor adjustments.
I had already installed a Brombacher muffler from FVD (same size/shape as stock, but different internal configuration). Awesome sound with no drone.
Well worth the savings from the $500 pipes. No O2 sensors, but not needed for my 2002.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login