Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
1. 986 00-04
2. O2 bungs
3. solid quality

Should be simple - its a pipe. Not so simple, some brands are stupidly expensive, other vague descriptions and no bungs to hold O2 sensors.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I haven't tried these myself, but will if my 2ndary cats fail one day. They seem to have the bungs to hold the 02 sensors.
[www.maxspeed-motorsports.com]
thank you.
grant - 7 years ago
Although i cough at $450 for two pipes.

I guess they sell six a year :-)

Grant

grant
Although i cough at $450 for two pipes.

I guess they sell six a year :-)

No prob. Fabspeed makes them too, but they're even more expensive at $595, and those don't even have the 02 bungs. smiling smiley
.. as it turns out, the 00+ cars don't monitor the front O2 sensors anyway. Would take a 5th and 6th O2

Grant

Do those fleabay ones fit? I thought they were for 97-99 models?
Yes.
grant - 7 years ago
The set i'm looking for (top Speed Pro, apparently made in Texas?) are for 2000-2004 2.7 and 3.2.
Some discussion of dicey quality control, but nothing a BFH wont fix.

No need for bungs on the 2000+ cars since its the secondary. My issue will be with the headers :-(

Grant

Grant

I've had the Fabspeed cat bypass pipes on my '02 S for many years. No problems whatsoever and the sound is great with the PSE.
.. that's exactly what prompted the question :-)

Grant

Grant

I bought the Top Speed cat delete pipes a few years ago when they first came out, and they fit with very minor adjustments.
I had already installed a Brombacher muffler from FVD (same size/shape as stock, but different internal configuration). Awesome sound with no drone.
Well worth the savings from the $500 pipes. No O2 sensors, but not needed for my 2002.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login