Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
I love classic cars, as art, not for transportation. Every time a\I see a nice old car, and then walk up to peek inside, my first thought is always: "Death trap." No head rests, no ABS, no airbags, lap seat belts, no crumple zones, no side impact reinforcements, awful headlights and tail lights, etc. Probably in the minority, but I'll take my modern vehicles any day, just as long as they do not drive themselves ( but do like controls that kick in at the limits to save my bacon).
Just looked this up and it is an altered photo. Checked it out with a few google searches.
I read somewhere that this was not quite a realistic comparison. I think it was on the Cayman Facebook page.
Ah, the wonders of Photoshopping.

The 1964 911 is 52" high.
The 2017 911 is 51" high.

The picture sure doesn't look as if the 64 911 is taller than the 2017.
Guenter in Ontario
Ah, the wonders of Photoshopping.

The 1964 911 is 52" high.
The 2017 911 is 51" high.

The picture sure doesn't look as if the 64 911 is taller than the 2017.

Add to that:
The 1964 is 63.4" wide
The 2017 is 71" wide

The pic would seem to make the 2017 way more than 7.6" wider
The rear rubber, though, is probably considerably wider in 2107 vs 1962.
you can't always believe what you see on the internet. angry smiley

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Now let's see
Boxsterra - 7 years ago
side-by-side comparisons of the people in them then vs. now. We might see a correlation.
:-) *NM*
grant - 7 years ago
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Grant

Says it all.
grant - 7 years ago
Look at a '68 vs 2016 Camaro.

ridiculous. F=MA

Grant

the same can be said. Used to have a 17 years ago SUV. Took a test drive last week in the current equivalent. Huge, ponderous, complex.

The 986 wasn't that far off of the 30 year prior sports cars I had. But then I noticed I fit better in the larger cabins of later models. You give something up to get something.
Except Caddies. Yes, more complex, but certainly much, much, much smaller. No more fines and a lot less chrome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login