Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... I've had quite a few requests for new PB caps.
It's been over 5 years since we last offered them and those that bought them tell me that they'd like to refresh theirs.
Last time it took a loooooong time to sell them and we carried the inventory for too long.
In order to keep the price down I need to have 200 made.
These are supposed to support the board and move fast.
So, who would be interested?
If I get enough interest I'll run another batch.
I suspect that the price for these will still be under $30 as the last batch was.
I'd like to again make them in orange, black and pink.
Please let me know if interested. SEND ME A PM IF INTERESTED>

Here's the link to the last batch from 2011:
[pedrosgarage.com]

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 12:55PM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
I'll be the first to sign up for one!

How the heck do I send PMs with this software?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 04:17PM by Anker. (view changes)
Steve
Guards Red 1999
I'm not a race car driver, but I play one in 2nd and 3rd gear grinning smiley
Orange. Always orange.
... will be made.
There's no interest sad smiley
Over 120 PB members have read the post, yet only 5 replied with interest.
Very disappointing.
Frankly, if there's this little interest in supporting PB, I wonder why should I keep footing the bill?
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

I (and I'm sure others who appreciate this place) would be happy to contribute $30 to help keep the light on here.

My wife and I still have and wear our PB hats and just don't need another at this point.

Let's hear from others who'd be willing to chip in.
... I brought up the hats because I figured that those who bought them before would need to refresh them due to use or fading or ...
It doesn't have to be hats, but there will be no chipping in.
That's what I founded this board on:
• No contributions
• No Subscriptions
• No Fees
• Very small number of commercial banners

People who are purchasing tires are not going through our TireRack banner, so PB gets nothing.
It's been over 18 months that we haven't received anything from that banner, so why keep it?

The one entity that I MUST thank is BumperPlugs.com who has been there for us since day 1. Thank you Eric.

Happy Bpoxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

how about I buy a hat for one of your grandkids? smiling smiley
sorry pedro, i still have my orange one don't wear those kinds of caps too much anymore.
i don't buy tires from tirerack either. but i would be happy to contribute in some other way.
i know you founded the board with those four principles but how about some ads? i wouldn't mind if it pays the bills. google ads might be worth it. just a thought.
whereas the boxster attracted a different kind of owner at the beginning, i fear that it's now just another commodity. porsche isn't the "little guy" or the David to Goliath anymore. now it's just another big corporation that makes SUVs, station wagons, sedans, oh, a some nice sports cars. i don't think it has the dedicated following like say Lotus does. thems the times i guess.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
IMHO, there is still time to realize the potential of this once thriving Board....innovate & survive; stagnate and go the way of the Dodo bird.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I would be interested in a black variety.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login