Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hi Guys, new to discussions. I am looking to buy the Techno Power Kit for my '98 2.5 Boxster. I see it still uses the stock intake system. Would it be even better to put one of the Cold Air intakes available on it to help the air flow?

Ed
Ohio
... a cold air intake system.
The air comes in directly from the outside through the air filter and throttle body and into the plenums.
No hot engine-bay air mixes in.
Ironically, some of the so-called cold air intake systems, such as the conical filters which modify the airbox, allow hot engine-bay into the intake which as we all know is not good for power.
The problem with the Boxster's airflow is not in the air filter or air intake tube; it's in the throttle body cross section.
That's where Porsche chokes them.
So, if you install the TechnoPower Kit you do not need any other intake to gain more power. You may install it, but you may loose power.
Happy Boxsxtering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks!. I will just order your system and see how much I improve!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login