Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

(NBC) What are you using on your rubber door/trunk seals?

Tire Rack: Your performance experts for tires and wheels
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I remember from years ago that people, including myself, were using BMW's Gummi Flege. What other products are you using today?

MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige. Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Gummi Pflege contains Polydimethylsiloxane.

Based on a Wiki article it is a component of skin lotions that offer skin protection. You could use a skin lotion then. An unscented one.

This is a component of Silly Putty so if you want rub down your rubber weather stripping seals with a blob of Silly Putty.

Unscented baby oil (mineral oil) might be ok.

Me I just wipe down the rubber seals with a clean damp rag when I wash/wipe down the car.
Don't apply anything. Just wipe clean once in a while.
Gummi Pflege Stift
DanStub - 4 months ago
Gummi Pflege Stift is available at Pelican Parts for $9 for the 100 ml bottle. I lube the seals as part of my annual maintenance routine.
DanStub
Gummi Pflege Stift is available at Pelican Parts for $9 for the 100 ml bottle. I lube the seals as part of my annual maintenance routine.

+1 with Gummi pflege
thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen. i do wipe the seals with a damp cloth but was wondering if it was worth it to apply anything. i might just skip it after all. I do like how the seals look new after applying something though.

MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige. Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
FWIW, I clean an re-lube all seals on a yearly basis, otherwise I've found the seals on the clamshell and doors can get very squeaky on rough roads (not sure if this is a regional thing based on climate/dust/temp). I use Gummi Pflege which is available form a number of sources.

- JohnL
Boston
'01 986S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login