Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I remember from years ago that people, including myself, were using BMW's Gummi Flege. What other products are you using today?

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Gummi Pflege contains Polydimethylsiloxane.

Based on a Wiki article it is a component of skin lotions that offer skin protection. You could use a skin lotion then. An unscented one.

This is a component of Silly Putty so if you want rub down your rubber weather stripping seals with a blob of Silly Putty.

Unscented baby oil (mineral oil) might be ok.

Me I just wipe down the rubber seals with a clean damp rag when I wash/wipe down the car.
Don't apply anything. Just wipe clean once in a while.
Gummi Pflege Stift is available at Pelican Parts for $9 for the 100 ml bottle. I lube the seals as part of my annual maintenance routine.
DanStub
Gummi Pflege Stift is available at Pelican Parts for $9 for the 100 ml bottle. I lube the seals as part of my annual maintenance routine.

+1 with Gummi pflege
thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen. i do wipe the seals with a damp cloth but was wondering if it was worth it to apply anything. i might just skip it after all. I do like how the seals look new after applying something though.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
FWIW, I clean an re-lube all seals on a yearly basis, otherwise I've found the seals on the clamshell and doors can get very squeaky on rough roads (not sure if this is a regional thing based on climate/dust/temp). I use Gummi Pflege which is available form a number of sources.

- JohnL
Boston
'01 986S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login