Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Should have put this in the parts for sale forum. Sorry, can't see how to delete it.

So Duh, I was working on the car the other day and closed the top with the sun visor in the wrong position. It broke the door on the vanity mirror. Anybody got one surplus? If so, are you coming to BRBS?

Thanks,

Al

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2017 03:43PM by Al in Melbourne Beach. (view changes)
I didn't know you could have the visor in the wrong position for the top to close, but do know those vanity mirror flaps are really fragile. I opened mine the other day, and it snapped off right in my hand. I luckily had an entire sun visor as an extra that I bought years ago as a set when my pass side visor wouldn't stay in the up position. If only the mirror flap is broken, you could buy a new one that is unlighted (only mirror and flap) for pretty cheap. The lighted mirrors you have to solder the connections. Or, you can try to snap on a new flip cover.

I think the visor was up, and the mirror flap got opened somehow. When the top closed it came down on the flap.

Is the flap available as a part? I'll check e-bay.

Edit - Folks are proud of these things. Best price for a non-lighted one is $49. Most in the $100 and up range.

Maybe I can find the broken part and glue it.....

Thanks,

Al

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2017 04:57PM by Al in Melbourne Beach. (view changes)
I don't think you can buy just the flap itself, but can buy the mirror unit with the flap. I think the cheapest way is to get the unlit mirror unit, take the flap off, and put it on your existing lighter mirror.
Duh, I didn't think of that.....

Thanks,

Al
I had to replace one on the passenger side of my 986S. IIRC, I bought one from the salvage guys in North Carolina. Unfortunately all the leftover parts and pieces went with the 02S when I sold it.
Thanks Mike,

Some good sources there.

Al
Here
Boxsterra - 6 years ago
Part # is 9867319030101C

$57 here
[www.suncoastparts.com]
Thanks Stefan,

Actually, the part that is broken is the door/flap. I think I get that by ordering [www.suncoastparts.com] (which I wouldn't have found without your suggestion).

I still haven't given up on finding the broken peg and gluing it on, or fabbing one somehow.

Al
There must be hundreds lying around in 986/996 wrecks. Look here for a list of places to look. Or on some of the P-car forums there is a guy called Woody that has a wonderful reputation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login