Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Hello, everyone!!!
I have been trying to run Google maps on my phone while while driving my Boxster by way of a USB adapter plugged into the cigarette lighter. I have a drawer full of these adapters laying around in a drawer now. They won't stay plugged in. The lighter receptacle seems too shallow. Have you guys (or girls if you are one) found the perfect USB charger adapter to use in your 986? Please lemme know. Drive tastefully.

baba
Boxsters come with a Euro-spec lighter that is shallower. You can replace it with the US-spec version and all of your plugs will start working.

You'll need these two parts:
996-652-101-10-A05 Socket
996-652-102-10 Lighted retaining ring
Bought a DC-DC converter on ebay with two USB female plugs. A bit messy to fit, but works great. Challenge #1 is wiring it in; Porsche has no barrier strips that I can find, s i had to do the piggyback splice, which i dont like. next you have to route the plugs out, and either let them dangle or create a mounting (which i did not).

Option #1 is to look at a locking cigarette plug. The AIM solo ( a data acquisition box) comes with one that is rather amazing - it has a locking ring. Those clever Italian engineers....

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I have yet to find a good one. Does your work well? Who makes it?

If others have ideas, I am all ears.
That is the Kenu Airframe. It is a very simple device that works quite well.

I have two of them. One is in my car, and one I bring on trips on which I'm rent a car. The second one I got is indistinguishable from the first, except that it was $2 shipped from China.
It looks like it's for passengers who want out fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2017 09:33AM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
Yeah, maybe it actually ejects me. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login