Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... but today it became the Grand Canal at Weston.

[i.imgsafe.org]

We've had over 13 inches of rain in the last 48 hours, and more is forecasted.
If you'd like to visit, don't forget your lifevest.
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
wow! i hope your house and cars are alright.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
I hope it stays out of the house and you stay dry.
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Why, Kapitän Gamauf, of course! winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Understand you were supposed to get more rain today. Hope it wasn't too much.

Al
... now is that Weston (and I image the same for neighbor cities) is not allowed to drain more than 1 inch/hour from its lakes onto the Water Management's canals.
So if it rains now even at a normally manageable rate the streets can't drain because the lakes are still too high.
My street Lake has receded probably 6 inches but the back yard Lake is dangerously close to the lanai.
We need a couple of dry days.
I've live in this house for 18 years and this is the worst it's been.
We were lucky in that water did not make into the garage, but both of my next door neighbors did get flooded garages.
Someone asked me about the Boxster, and if it was OK. It's a good 5 feet higher than the garage floor, since it's sitting on the lift.
If the water gets to it, half of Florida is under water.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Apparently you have been in a drought. They had to make a call between retaining the water ( needed) and opening the flood gates and starting the pumps. The storm was not expected to hover over Weston. It did - right call, wrong outcome.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
... The regulatory permits under which the lakes were constructed require the City to maintain a minimum lake level, and that is why we don't see a significantly lower lake level prior to a rain event.
Those same regulatory permits provide for a maximum discharge flow from the City's pump systems (1 in/hr), so the City cannot pump an unlimited amount of discharge.

All of the cities to the east of Weston discharge their storm water into the same two canals as Weston, and all of those waters are then discharged by the South Florida Water Management District to the Everglades and the total amount of water discharged into the everglades is tightly controlled.

Thus, our flooded streets recede very slowly. At least my driveway and portion of the street is now dry. Not so my neighbors.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

... as you well know, being a Floridian yourself, the rainy season just ended.
Now the VERY rainy season begins!
Stay dry.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

it's always wet when you live in a river of grass smiling smiley
Stay dry...and thirsty....my friend.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Have a thought for the folks in eastern Ontario and southern Quebec along the Ottawa and St. Lawrence rivers. "100 year" floods due to double the usual rainfall this spring along with a heavy snow melt. Waters are receding but some serious damage for many folks. The armed forces were called out to help but, alas, this is a sign of things to come with climate change. Some of my favourite roads were under water and a restaurant along the shores of the Ottawa owned by freinds is out of action for this year. Could be a while before all the roads are repaired. Photo taken along the south shore of the Ottawa river west of Montreal.

Funny, the current administration pulled out of the Paris climate accord, but on the other hand the Fed's FEMA is increasing coastal flood insurance rates by 10x. Clearly one is correct, and the other isn't...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login