Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Anyone running a 'budget' tire in 2017? Well, I'm looking for recommendations.

I currently have an 8 yr old front pair of Hankook Ventus v12 evo something or other (?k110), paired up with a 3-4 yr old ventus v12 something or other rear tires....

Rear tires are looking down again on tread.

Strictly street use. I haven't been to the track in 5+ years.....
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2017 07:20AM by Petee_C. (view changes)
... which will be delivered today.
I guess the EVOs are no longer but the EVO2s are in stock.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

PS: With all this talk of tire purchases, don't forget that if you purchase through PedrosBoard TireRack's link, PB get a donation and you get the same discounts or specials that they currently are offering.

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
ok. i called the company that I deal with in Canukistan and they don't seem to be able to get 265.35r18 in the v12 evo2.....

Pedro - are you on 17's?
nevermind, i see them in the right size listed on tirerack....wierd.
[www.tirerack.com]

wear well
excellent overall quality
solid grip wet and dry
predictable at limit

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Prices for 4 18" tires in Cdn Funds, after tax, shipped to my door.

Yokohama SDrrive : $824
Yoko Avid Envigor: $775
Kumho PS31 : $671

Where I live is like Florida, straight, and mostly flat, except we have frost heaves, and seasons winter and construction.

- 80% of my boxster time is commuting on 2 lane country roads to work. 4 bends, 3 stop signs. between 25-50 miles depending on which office I am heading to.
- 90% is top down
- 99% of my boxster time is sans rain.
- i go on the 400 series (multi lane) highways maybe 1-2x / year.

Despite what I thought when I bought my '01s in 2009, I do not need super sticky tires. I've only been on the track with this vehicle once and only for 200 miles. Very slim chance I will be back on the track in the next year or 2. Even if I do, I can live with a 10, or 20 second slower time than someone with sticky tires.
Me too, Boxta. Second set from TireRack. They are inexpensive and perform well.

See ya
I have a pair of new, unmounted, Dunlop Sports for the front. 18". I had them as spares for my car but never used them. You pay shipping. Contact me if interested.
225/40r18? I live in Heidelberg, about 75 minutes from 401/yonge st.
Yup. I am in Mississauga near 401 and Mississauga Road. Message me if interested. Ken
[www.tirerack.com]

I'm guessing the set in 18" would run about $500 less the rebate. The reviews on this tires are great; I would have bought a set for the 981 had they the proper sizes.

They do carry the 225/40/18--265-35-18 sizes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2017 07:55AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Put a set of these on my 2001 on 17 inch last year and have been very pleased wth them especially considering the price.

Chris - '01 Boxster - Seal Grey / Black / Black ; '87 944 Turbo (track beast) ; '86 944 - needs a new home!
Has anyone experience with Good Year Eagle F1 tires on their Boxsters? Thanks.
Sayle
Has anyone experience with Good Year Eagle F1 tires on their Boxsters? Thanks.

I had the F1 Asymetrics on a 987 and they were good street tires; the rears lasted about 15K, but they were quiet, decent traction and good in the rain.
The tire has been on the market for nearly 10 years--with a couple of revisions--and i think the latest from Continental and Michelin are better tires for same of less $.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login