Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... we still miss you, Just Chuck.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Yes still miss him and his gentle welcoming way.
Guenter in Ontario
Yes still miss him and his gentle welcoming way.

True that...even as you never had the privilege of meeting him, g-man.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
and was looking forward to meeting him after things with my move got sorted out. My first drive to Burlington was a sad one.

May his drives be on winding roads with speed limits forgotten.
That was truly a sad, sad time.

Last Saturday, I went back to Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock, site of BRBS III. I sat in a rocking chair on the expansive porch and fondly remembered rocking with Chuck and Cecil at that same spot back in 2001.

I then checked the gallery from BRBS I and saw this photo of those two.

Chuck was a humble man who created an amazing online community of folks and touched so many lives. I am thankful to have known him.
Karl from So. Carolina
That was truly a sad, sad time.

Last Saturday, I went back to Green Park Inn in Blowing Rock, site of BRBS III. I sat in a rocking chair on the expansive porch and fondly remembered rocking with Chuck and Cecil at that same spot back in 2001.

I then checked the gallery from BRBS I and saw this photo of those two.

Chuck was a humble man who created an amazing online community of folks and touched so many lives. I am thankful to have known him.

He was - an amazing person. I was fortunate to have been at 2 BRBSs that he went to - Green Park Inn, as you say, Karl. I can just picture you there with Chuck and Cecil. Does anyone hear from Cecil?
It's really hard to believe that it has been 10 years. I remember the day it happened very well. A very sad day indeed. I couldn't believe it was true.
i still think about the day that i "applied" for the "job" of moderator on that board because since I was living in switzerland at the time and was six hours ahead of the east coasters, i would see all this spam on the site first thing in the morning. so i sent an email to justchuck and his reply was something along the lines of "what are your qualifications?" I said "I have a boxster and I want to zap spam." And then I was "hired."
I've met some great people in person through that board. Pedro and Gary in FL, Guenter when he was in L.A., Joanne and Tony also in LA, and quite a few others.
Chuck, may you rest in peace. Your legacy lives on.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
We never met, but he impacted my life and others' too.
macsak (aloha,y'all)
makes me cry every time...
No kidding...
frogster
It's really hard to believe that it has been 10 years. I remember the day it happened very well. A very sad day indeed. I couldn't believe it was true.
i still think about the day that i "applied" for the "job" of moderator on that board because since I was living in switzerland at the time and was six hours ahead of the east coasters, i would see all this spam on the site first thing in the morning. so i sent an email to justchuck and his reply was something along the lines of "what are your qualifications?" I said "I have a boxster and I want to zap spam." And then I was "hired."
I've met some great people in person through that board. Pedro and Gary in FL, Guenter when he was in L.A., Joanne and Tony also in LA, and quite a few others.
Chuck, may you rest in peace. Your legacy lives on.

Wow - I remember that, Frogster! I too remember very well the day we heard he died. I can still feel the emotion.
one of the strongest feelings i get is that of helplessness. i always think of how things could have turned out had i been there with that person. maybe i could have made them laugh and feel good about life.
i lost a good friend a little over two years ago and i had the same feeling. we had known each other for 30+ years and she was going through some very tough times. she had withdrawn bit by bit from our social circles. i can't help but feel that had i been there, she would still be with us today.
even though i had never met chuck, i still felt the same way. i wish i could have changed things.
nice to know you remember when i was "hired."

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Re: 10 jahre ...
jg wnc - 6 years ago
What a wonderfully low key guy. He would just hang in the background at BRBS. The world was a better place when he was around. Very respected and very missed.
Re: 10 jahre ...
nobox - 6 years ago
He was the hub of a great community. You didn't have to own a Boxster (as I do not) to appreciate that. Just bring your love of cars and enjoy. I'm thankful he founded the original site and equally thankful Pedro has kept it on the track.
one of the saddest days of my life...

chuck was such a quiet man, but he guided us all without saying much, and never loudly
he created a great site that lead to many friendships

he will be missed always...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login