Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... OMG!

[youtu.be]

Wow!
Happy Porsche'ing
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
That car sucks a lot of air. It has more air holes than a pod of dolphins. Should sound a whole lot better, though. Oh, and the watch they show at the end of the shots of the interior, comes free with the car.
"From $293.2k"
Boxsterra - 6 years ago
i wonder why, at 2m15s, the bezel around the shifter says GT3RS. seems quite strange, no?

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
frogster
i wonder why, at 2m15s, the bezel around the shifter says GT3RS. seems quite strange, no?

That's A $5,500 option.

The free watch can also be ordered with the Comfort Band - a $2,300 option
not sure if you're just making fun of porsche's options prices or didn't notice that it's a "3" on a "2" car.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
frogster
not sure if you're just making fun of porsche's options prices or didn't notice that it's a "3" on a "2" car.

It's a yes to both questions. I did notice the "3" and was poking some fun at Porsche pricing. There's a reason that Porsche has the highest profit ($17,250 US) per car of any car manufacturer.

[www.bloomberg.com]
Guenter in Ontario
frogster

It's a yes to both questions. I did notice the "3" and was poking some fun at Porsche pricing. There's a reason that Porsche has the highest profit ($17,250 US) per car of any car manufacturer.

[www.bloomberg.com]

The quote from the Chairman might just as well have read "“We’re concentrating on extremely well-heeled customers,”
as doing so also allows the availability of some marginally profitable low volume cars like the Boxsters/Caymans. Or continuing to produce/make-available parts for 50 year old cars.

High volume manufacturers would kill off models with so few sales as unprofitable. Or not develop significant updates to them. I own one of those.
My comment was not so much a criticism as a statement of fact of where this car maker sees the market for their cars. I can't think of any car maker that wouldn't love to be able to target that market because of those fat margins.

But...the notion of them using the margins generated by the high margin/large sales numbers of the SUV business, supplemented with the high margins from the 911 model being used to keep the 718/XXX platform alive going forward, despite the head winds facing the entire sports car market, seems a bit too much to expect.

I don't doubt that the 718 can be sold for a profit even with today's low production numbers, but the question will be for how long? And will VW go along with keeping an expensive low volume model that competes with a few Audi models? It's possible, but the question in my mind is whether Porsche or VW will make the call on that decision.
Would you please elaborate further on your thoughts of not being a fan of PDK?

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
r9i8c7k
Would you please elaborate further on your thoughts of not being a fan of PDK?

I love the connection with the car which you only get with a manual tranny and I immensely enjoy heel-and-toeing.
But having said that, if I ever have another dedicated track car it has to have a PDK.
Why?
Because at the track I enjoy being faster more than being connected.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks for the feedback...I feel the same way about my manual transmission.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login