Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
... so many "old" (not regular) monikers popping up lately.
Paralizer, macsak, Meredith, Karl, old timer, etc.
It's great to hear from all of you!
There are also hundreds of lurkers on PB as well.
When I check the roster to do upkeep of the Forum, I notice that almost half of our active members (48.9%) have NEVER posted on the board.
That means that these members are regular visitors but for whatever reason they choose to stay in the shadows.
Come on! Time to post something, even just a "hi there".
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
When I check the roster to do upkeep of the Forum, I notice that almost half of our active members (48.9%) have NEVER posted on the board.
That means that these members are regular visitors but for whatever reason they choose to stay in the shadows.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

i agree, pedro

a couple of stories-
i have a patient that has a similar build, coloration, accent, beard/mustache/hair as you and his name is Pedro!
he goes by "Pete" sometimes though
i doubt he has any idea why i like him so much
smiling smiley

i moderate a local gun forum here in hawaii
i have gotten a couple of private messages on that forum from a "cecil" in florida
he was given the link by a friend, and he noticed that one of the most prolific posters was named "macsak"
LOL

have a great weekend

aloha

steve
I think about you all often! Such great memories of fine friends and good times.
Meredith in Atlanta
I think about you all often! Such great memories of fine friends and good times.

i sent an email to rob before lunch today
feeling nostalgic, i guess...
i showed my staff a picture of pedro b off of google images and they were cracking up because he looks just like our patient

macsak (aloha,y'all)
Pedro (Weston, FL)
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

i agree, pedro

a couple of stories-
i have a patient that has a similar build, coloration, accent, beard/mustache/hair as you and his name is Pedro!
he goes by "Pete" sometimes though
i doubt he has any idea why i like him so much
smiling smiley

i moderate a local gun forum here in hawaii
i have gotten a couple of private messages on that forum from a "cecil" in florida
he was given the link by a friend, and he noticed that one of the most prolific posters was named "macsak"
LOL

have a great weekend

aloha

steve
Hey! What a Friday night. Great to see some of the old 51.1% of the regular visitors here. Feels like old times. Next thing you know, Joanne's going to be stalking some ship or somebody's going to push the Kaboom button on the dash of their Boxster.
It'd be great to hear some of the "silent" 48,9% tell us about one of their favourite posts and a little about themselves.
Well we had a whole list of characters back then, "The Trent", Cecil I think had the best stories.
There were also cool road trip stories back then as well.
The Trent!! Wow - he was hilarious. The photos of him with his hot girlfriends!

I am meeting Macsak here in Atlanta for dinner today! He's here from Hawaii for a conference. I sent some PMs to some people on Facebook but should have also posted here.
Kevin told me that you were meeting up with Macsac, but we already had dinner plans for Saturday evening. Sorry that we couldn't join. Who else was there?
It was just Steve and me! We shared a lot of memories from ppbb and it was so great to see him!! So sorry we missed you.
i was thinking the same thing, pedro. it's really great. thanks to you we have a place to hang out together.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Fellow long-timers! Nice to see your names again.

My original car is running well (and faster). Not the original engine, and the "nth" transmission, but still.... I probably put fewer than 2,000 miles on it per year now, but they are the most demanding miles.

Check out the 2017.3 version of PCA Club Racing News magazine, just out!
My article starts on page 46.
Pedro's article starts on page 62.

PCA Club Racing News

2017.3 edition (pdf link)
nice article, buddy
hope you are well

aloha

steve

Trygve (Oakland, CA)
Fellow long-timers! Nice to see your names again.

My original car is running well (and faster). Not the original engine, and the "nth" transmission, but still.... I probably put fewer than 2,000 miles on it per year now, but they are the most demanding miles.

Check out the 2017.3 version of PCA Club Racing News magazine, just out!
My article starts on page 46.
Pedro's article starts on page 62.

PCA Club Racing News

2017.3 edition (pdf link)
Great article Trygve. It's great for those thinking about getting into racing their Boxsters. The slippery slope, the rewards / satisfaction and what to expect if your really get involved in spec racing.
Great article, as usual, Pedro.

Specially informative for those who want to learn more about the role of the ECU and a great guide for those people wanting to add more power to their Porsches. As you pointed out in the article, today's cars are much more complicated than back in the "good old days". Amazing what mileage and performance advances electronics have helped manufactures make and at the same time reduce emissions. There's a lot to consider if you want to successfully add power.
your leather bits are still serving me well smiling smiley
SMILIN
your leather bits are still serving me well smiling smiley

Thanks, Doug! I was tempted to post a photo of some embarrassing random leather clothing and say "well it fits you better now anyway", but this is a family friendly site....

(When I gutted the interior of my car during the Spec Boxster conversion process, Doug purchased the leather seats and other items, if I recall. Door panels? Console trim? Anyway.)

Doug and Kevin ... two of my friends going all the way back to that first track day at Thunderhill!
I see Kevin a few times a year at our CFRA track events and related gatherings. He's doing well, seems to spend a decent amount of time each year at the old family house on the coast of Norway. I'll tell him you said hi!
Trygve (Oakland, CA)
I see Kevin a few times a year at our CFRA track events and related gatherings. He's doing well, seems to spend a decent amount of time each year at the old family house on the coast of Norway. I'll tell him you said hi!
... what's your Club Race schedule for 2018.
I'll try to make some out west and it would be nice if we coincide.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... what's your Club Race schedule for 2018.
I'll try to make some out west and it would be nice if we coincide.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

It would be great to see you, Pedro! I usually go to all of the club races at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, and Sonoma (Sears Point). There are usually 2 at TH (and 2 at Buttonwillow), 1 at LS and SP. This year I decided to ease off a bit (so busy) so I skipped / am skipping both BW events, since it's furthest away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2017 09:15PM by Trygve (Oakland, CA). (view changes)
I had Trygve's Top on my car for a while. I put a new aftermarket canvas on the frame and eventually traded it in. I'm sure many of those donor parts are still on the road! smiling smiley
I have used your website several times.

Possibly some of the best how to stuff I have ever seen.
I pointed others to it as well.

Hope it is still up.
Hi Trygve,

Rumor has it that there is going to be a six hour enduro at the High Plains race next year. I'm thinking about taking my SPB and a couple of teammates. I know it's a haul for you but you are closer then I am. :-)
I admit to doing a drive by of the board from time to time. It's great to see the old names.

The 2003 Boxster was on its way to being an SPB car last time I saw her. Second blown 2.7 engine, so the shell was being prepped for a new life.

I still have a Porsche. the 2006 Cayman I acquired after the 1st blown engine in the Boxster in 2010, Each year of its life, it keeps losing the factory trim and gaining new bits for the track. Never sees the highway anymore - only the racetrack. Mostly run with PCA as an instructor and Red group drover. Just got back from VIR over the holiday weekend and Road Atlanta is next in October.

My wife and I were headed to a winery yesterday and we got to talking about buying a new convertible to bum around in. Who knows, maybe another Boxster? That's how the first one was purchased. And, here I am cruising by this place...

Hope everyone is well and the Florida contingent faired well in the storm.

Cheers.

Dave

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Hello to all, great to see the old gang... still south of the border boxstering

*edit* I forgot to say you can follow me on all media as Frissen Racing specially instagram these days smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2017 01:48AM by Frissen. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login