Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I enjoy my Boxster as much now as I did 15 years and 207K miles ago when I drove it out of the show room floor. Now its time to get a hands free cell phone solution. Anyone have experience upgrading? I have the standard becker radio and six speakers (floor, dash and rear storage console).

Barry

2002 2.7 seal grey tip
207,500 miles
Santa Cruz, CA
A set of high quality, wired. earbuds or phones. best if with a boom mic.

If bluetooth is essential, i like the Delton over-head, boom mic unit.

G

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
grant
A set of high quality, wired. earbuds or phones. best if with a boom mic.

If bluetooth is essential, i like the Delton over-head, boom mic unit.

G

Although it is seldom, if ever, enforced, in FL it is (or was, the last time I looked) illegal to drive with headphones/earbuds in. I will never do that - if I had I wouldn't be here today. I was stopped at an traffic light controlled intersection. The traffic coming toward me got a left turn indication first, so that the light had been red for the cross street for some time. Just as the light turned green for me, I heard tire noise approaching from my left. Just as I would have been in the middle of the intersection a car came blowing through running the red light. I would have been t-boned in the drivers door, at a fairly high rate of speed. I doubt I would have survived. No headphones or earbuds for me while driving.

Al
... is what you need.
[pedrosgarage.com]
Call me.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
BarryL
I enjoy my Boxster as much now as I did 15 years and 207K miles ago when I drove it out of the show room floor. Now its time to get a hands free cell phone solution. Anyone have experience upgrading? I have the standard becker radio and six speakers (floor, dash and rear storage console).

Barry

2002 2.7 seal grey tip
207,500 miles
Santa Cruz, CA

See my upgrade here:
[pedrosboard.com]

Al
We have a couple of solutions that work very well with the CDR or PCM system ( prior to PCM 2.1 )

TranzItBlu Hands free bluetooth streaming (music and calls), requires antenna adapter too
Dension CompactBT universal handsfree bluetooth solution (does not require tapping antenna, uses combination modulation - far better than the old crappy stuff - and bluetooth). Streaming music and calls.

Click HERE for more info.
If you want to maintain your Becker, I may still have a Parrot system that I pulled out when my CDR-220 front panel died. If I can find it, I'll send it to you for postage. If you are interested in a complete upgrade, find my thread on my latest project. I pulled the CDR-220, the Parrot BT handsfree, the XM Roady satelite radio and the Garmin GPS I had in the car and replaced them all with an Alpine INE-W960. It was being discontinued and I got it from Best Buy. I'm very satisfied with it. It does Bluetooth hands free, USB integration with iPhone, GPS, and for a for a few dollars more, SiriusXM. The new model has SiriusXM built in, I think.

Al
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login