Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
When was the first time
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 28 February, 2011, at 8:38:30 pm
you laid eyes on your Boxster?

For me it was 5 years ago. It had just arrived at the dealer. The salesman gave me a call to let me know it had arrived and I just had to go and see it. I made the 120 mile round trip every Saturday for the month of March until I picked it up at the beginning of April.

Got pictures of the first time you fired your baby up?

Here's mine. Won't be long now until I fire it up again for the first time this year. smiling smiley

A steamy X-RATED love story (LONG!)
Posted by Pedro on Monday, 20 July 1998, at 12:16 p.m.

I was running late for our first date. Our meeting had been set up for 8:00 and it was already 8:15.
I was very anxious and wasn't quite sure what to expect; for you see, this was a blind date!
I had fooled around with one of her cousins before, and she was beautiful, and I was assured that this date would not disappoint me either.
Well, I finally arrived at 8:22, immediately ran into our predetermined establishment and there she was! I recognized her immediately, I mean, It had to be her!
Does she look a bit upset, or is it my imagination? I thought to myself, but as I came closer, she seemed friendlier and flirtatious.
She had a certain sparkle, her body was perfect, she was incredibly voluptuous but perfectly so, and every curve in her body flowed into the next, her white skin, just too tempting.
I could tell that the chemistry was there! She let me touch her, and I softly stroked her skin, while I told her that I was madly in love with her.
It truly was love at first sight. I had never done this on a first date!, but she allowed me everything without complaints, quite the contrary, I thought she seemed pleased.
This was too good to be true! I wanted to know her better, to know when and where she'd been born.
She was incredibly young, actually too young and I knew that I could get in trouble with the law because of her, but at that moment I didn't care!
One thing let to another and we started our foreplay. I spoke softly to her, I was almost whispering and shaking like a leaf when she let me take her top off...... what a sight!
My heart rate increased into triple digits. I took a few steps back to see her in all her beauty.
I watched for a few seconds and then slowly walked back to her and we became one, as I ever so gently inserted my .......
... key into her ignition, and heard her softly purr her approval, I shifted her into gear and we drove away from the dealer....... and we've lived happily ever after.

Excepts from my diary on 2/21/98 as I took delivery of my beautiful 1998 White/Gray/Black Boxster.

Hope you all had as good a first date as I did.

Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
About 7 years ago ...
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 10:49:57 am
my wife said to me "why don't you quit looking at the classifieds and just go buy one". So I shopped for all sorts of other sports cars (my prior 914 experience was not a happy one, I sold it 3 days before the warranty ran out for a reason. It had a parking spot at the dealers with my name on it.). Jag, 928, 'vette, S2000, BMW. Never really thought about a 911. Or a Boxster but decided when turned off by all the others to see. Printed out some comparatives and went off to see what turned out to be a 2 owner '99 that a lady who now had 3 kids no longer drove to the country club and she wanted the garage room (she only had 4 bays!) for her Hummer.

I took it for a ride and in a mile or two I knew this was it. Went back and described to her the comparables. She wasn't happy but took $4k off and I wrote her a deposit and went off in my car to get my son to ride over to Md from Va with me to pick the car up. Car left in the driveway.

Came back to pick it up. Noticed some scratches on the passenger side door that hadn't been there. Sure enough the kids and their bike handles. She promised to pay for it and her husband, who wasn't too pleased with the price I had negotiated, said he had a friend who ran a body shop and he'd fix it. So I took the car and came back after the weekend and they attempted to polish the spots out. It didn't and so they gave me $1k to take it to my shop of choice and if that wasn't enough.... So I go to thinking ...I can't make it worse than needing a repaint so I got to work with some generic polish and, in 15 minutes of luck, no more scratches. Loved that car but 6 months later totaled it because I was looking at a Boxster parked by the side of the road, didn't see the red truck stopped in front of me, and it was cold and when I hit the brakes the car just never gripped the cold asphalt. So the insurance company, despite knowing exactly what I paid for the car, insisted in giving me about $4-5k more and I went looking for my current car in the worst weather in years...snow and salt all over the roads and the cars. The first time I saw the car it had a snow shovel in the passenger seat. 2 years newer and an S.

Now it is some 5-6 years later, the car still delights. Got up early this AM and was at the grocery at 5:30..and guess what car I took. Room enough for 4' fluorescent light bulbs and a six pack. And just about when I get there on a deserted 4 lane the water temp hits 180. So on the way back I know it is warm and that is when the revs climb and the symphony begins.

I'd continue the story but it is hitting about 70 now and I want to go out and fondle...er wash it.
close my eyes while reading about your first encounter with your Boxster. hot smiley

Love that account. smiling smiley
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
So does that mean
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 7:43:52 pm
it will start asking for the keys soon? grinning smiley
Re: When was the first time
db997S - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 11:09:52 am
No photos, but my first Boxster (and first Porsche for that matter) was purchased in 1998. The wait was six months at my local dealer in DC. So, I purchased one from a dealer in CT for a three-month wait, but then production stopped due to porous engine blocks. My car arrived he day before leaving for a three-week safari to Africa. So, i had to wait until I got back. Then I took a train from DC to CT (the longest six hours of my life) in late October to pick up my Arena Red/Savannah Beige Boxster. It was a sunny, but chili day. The car was parked at an angle in the front of the dealership, all washed and waiting for me to take her home. The sun hitting that paint was awsome. After the walk throuth, I dropped the top and took a spin through western CT (fanastic roads and covered bridges) before heading back south on I-95 (put the top back up for that run).

As will all firsts, I still have longing warm fuzzies for that car. Only mods were rear speaker kit and a wood shifter (looked fantastic with the color combo). My wife still jabs me for that one. Think it was like $600 or something crazy like that, but what's a guy to do?
Laz - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 11:50:15 am
I picked up my Seal Grey/Metropol Blue Boxster at the dealership on May 12th, 2001. The car was in the shop area, the "prep" having just been finished. I was at first alarmed because the color looked wrong: more like the bluish silver that BMW uses. I looked up and saw the shop was lit by mercury vapor lamps, with that weird blue/green hue. Once outside, the car looked right. One caveat to anyone taking possession of their car: bring a pressure gauge with you. I had a pick-up checklist, and even though the dealer assured me the pressures were right, I found them to range from 25 to 45 pounds.
The color combination was exactly to my liking, as it was elegant, and had an almost Wagnerian profundity to it, like storm clouds parting to reveal blue sky. I anticipated Seal Grey not showing dirt and scratches too much, although it would be more difficult to touch up a metallic. One has to decide on a certain viewing angle to have the touch-up's value to blend properly.
An interesting phenomenon I noticed at night with sodium vapor (orange-hued) lights is that the top would appear to be a medium light gray, almost matching the paint. The blue top and interior got me away from the more common silver/black combination and might be slightly cooler in sunlight.
At some point I'd like to get a Cayman S, but as of now Porsche doesn't offer Seal Grey, and the Platinum Silver seems to be a bit warm, so it likely wouldn't go well with a blue interior. GT Silver is beautiful and neutral, but it's priced as a special color these days. Maybe when I'm ready to order Seal will be back or GT will be one of the normal metallic options.
longislander1 - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 11:53:41 am
I wish I could offer poetry here, but my experience was just the opposite. Delivery was delayed for a month without any help from the dealer and little help from the Porsche zone rep (who I had to track down on my own because the customer service people at PCNA kept sending me right back to the unhelpful and arrogant dealer). When the car finally came in, I made an appointment three days in advance to pick it up. When I arrived, the dealer said they weren't expecting me and made me wait an hour holding my very large check while they "readied" the car. When they pulled it up, the license plate was crooked (mounting holes drilled crooked as well) and the car hadn't been waxed (probably a good thing under the circumstances). I'm still wondering if a very slight dent at the top of my rear fender -- unnoticed by me upon delivery -- was there from day one. I couldn't wait to get out of the place. I'll agree with other posters that the Boxster is a phenomenal car for handling and braking. I'm hoping to enjoy mine for many years to come as long as the engine holds up. Sorry this sounds like a downer, but the experience was what it was. Now, the delivery of my 968 went much smoother and perhaps that's one reason why I hold that car in higher regard than my Boxster. It was a warm summer night and my wife and I took it to a well-known drive-in joint where I munched on a favorite cheeseburger and gazed at the 968's fluid lines.
An uncle's evolving assessment
Laz - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 12:35:12 pm
Within a week of getting the car I drove it from NY to Florida. When I got to my uncle's house, he was happy to see me and the car. He's got an appreciation for things German as he was part of the Army of Occupation in the fifties and came home with a Leica and those elaborate lidded beer steins, one of which I now have. He went on to become a chemical instrumentation engineer. A few days after my arrival we were in the garage looking at the car and he admitted that he hadn't at first understood its aesthetics, but the more he saw it he realized how amazing the design was.
Re: When was the first time for SilverBox and me grinning smiley
jwdbox - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 12:38:38 pm
After a significant amount of soul searching and research I decided to get a car similar to one of my early car loves, a 356 back in the early 1960's. I looked initially at purchasing an original but could not find just what I wanted; then I went the replica route and by the time I finished building one to my specs it was costing more than a new genuine Porsche. So I went to our local dealer and test drove a Boxster and absolutely fell in love with it. The handling while in many ways far superior to the memories I had of the 356, still brought back the same permagrin. I began the process of special ordering her and to some degree was in the dark since the combination I wanted was no where to be found on any of the versions on the dealers lot. I ordered SilverBox, a 2008, in June of 2007 and was told to anticipate a September or so delivery date. The time sloooooowly passed: spent reading the owners manual for a 2007 cover to cover, rereading my build sheet, arranging for a special dash signature from Grant Larson (Chief Boxster Designer), etc. Then the delivery date was narrowed down. She was going to be delivered about a week before I returned to the country from a 6 week trip to Australia and New Zealand.

I could not wait to get off the plane from Sydney. I had my wife drive me straight to the dealer to pickup SilverBox. Here is the shot taken that morning (I am still in my "I climbed it!" shirt from our climbing the bridge at Sydney Harbor just before going to the airport to head home). For some strange reason I barely remember the driver home smiling bouncing smiley. What a fantastic start to my time with SilverBox.

Looks like permagrin struck even before you had a chance become intimately aquainted with SilverBox, Jeff. cool smiley
Re: When was the first time for SilverBox and me grinning smiley
jwdbox - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 1:25:44 pm
You've got that right Guenter! I could hardly stand still long enough for the picture because all I wanted to do was get in and fire her up for the drive home cool smiley
I know it seemed to take fooooooooooooooor eeeeeeeeeever while the salesman went over all the controls and features with me. (Hey, I had a whole month to study the manual before I picked the CURVEN8R up. cool smiley )

That drive home. It was soooooooooooo hard to watch the tach approach 4200 RPM and have to back the right foot off. I knew just how much the whole orchestra REALLY wanted to burst into a full crescendo. Like dangling a Cold Stones ice cream in front of a kid on a hot Vegas day. I GOTTA HAVE IT!!! hot smiley
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 1:10:56 pm
Nine years ago I Googled “Boxsters for Sale” and found mine at an independent dealer a few miles away. My wife and I stopped by just for a look. I test drove it and fell in love. It was a total impulse buy, I paid too much but haven’t regretted it for a second! I am currently at 99,000 miles and looking forward to many, many more!
I'd say that if you haven't
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 1:23:33 pm
regretted it for a second, that you didn't pay too much. winking smiley

They are fantastic cars.
Re: The first time for the first Boxster ...
bgale (Montrose,CO) - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 2:08:17 pm
was a looong wait. While at the Parade in Lake Placid in 1994, my wife said "Why don't you order one?" PAG had just recently announced that they were going to produce the Boxster and she knew I had fallen in love with the concept car. It reminded me so much of the 550 I used to race. When we got home (Virginia), I immediately when to Heismann (now Arlington) and handed over a $100 check to be placed on the waiting list. Time went slowly; in 1996 we retired and moved back to Colorado. In November I decided to contact the dealer to see where I was on the waiting list - "You're next!" Many phone calls and FEDEX deliveries later I had an order for a Blue Turquoise Boxster with hardtop. Since I was well acquainted with a Porsche GM in Denver, I contacted him to see if I could somehow get the car delivered to his place ; the car was to be ready in March and I didn't think a drive across the country in winter was a great idea. LO and Behold -- courtesy delivery.

In the first week of April of 1997 the better half and I rented a car in Montrose to be dropped in Denver. When we drove into the dealer's lot we saw this beautiful Rivera Blue Boxster sitting in front of the showroom -- it was actually Blue Turquoise. My wife's first comment was -- "What a beautiful color, I wonder whose car that is?" Guess what OURS. After signing some papers and learning how to operate the necessary controls, we started the 305 mile drive to Montrose. Fortunately the roads over the passes were clear although there was snow alongside of them. It was somewhat hilarious when we would see someone in a car beside us with a camera sticking out of the window. Received many thumbs-up on the way home. When we drove into our cul-de-sac, I think every neighbor along the street was out and followed us to our driveway. Really enjoyed that car and the uniqueness of it (color) but it got replaced with the '02 S in 2001. But that's another story.
I was looking for a car in 2000
Michael SYS Driver - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 6:03:45 pm
and a friend had reccommended that I take a look at Porsches. I started to look at all of the writeups for it and all of the other cars I was looking at. I was looking at the Audi TT, Honda S2000, BMW Z3 and the Boxster S. I had either rented or test drove each of the cars but without a doubt the Boxster won out. The Audi was didn't have the right feel behind the wheel and the Honda was too hyper and my GF at the time didn't like the passenger seating, and the BMW didn't feel or look right. After I decided on the car I started to look at all of the options. Thanks to PPBB and some friends I had my list of options, execpt for the color. I went to the dealer and looked at all of the colors, but one color stood out for me. It was Speed Yellow. I ordered the car in July of 2000 and waited anxiously for the date. I tracked it from europe to the docks and then it was put in the truck. I seemed like forever to cross the U.S., but I finally got the call from the dealer that my car had arrived. I went to the dealer and they had me go into the office to sign some papers, and I was on the edge of the chair rushing to sign everything so I could see my car. I finally finished and they pulled the car up. It pulled up and it was gorgeous. I have loved this car ever since.

Re: I was looking for a car in 2000
Fairport Paul - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 8:22:22 pm
In April '97 I went to shop for a Z3. A boxster was next to ther Z3, which I promptly ignored. QED
Re: I was looking for a car in 2000
Petee_C - Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, at 10:33:19 pm

2001 Box S from Chicago

[blog.pjbj.ca]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login