Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
The 10-year old iPod-capable unit currently in the Boxster is really showing its age :-) Looking to see if I should just re-install the old Porsche OEM unit which came with the car or upgrade to a CarPlay capable unit. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Yes, I installed a Kenwood DDX9902S (that model number is from memory, so a grain of salt is required) in my 99 boxster, and when that car died, I temporarily moved it to my miata. Now I have a 2007 boxster and I moved it there. I got it and the adapter for the 2007 from cai-store. Rod is extremely helpful to do-it-yourselfers. He's answered many a phone call and was ever cheerful and helpful.

Car play works extremely well. I like having a system that works with my phone rather than a conventional gps system that you need to keep buying upgrades for. It also speaks out any text messages you get, and handles phone calls. I've found that phone calls in a convertible aren't too terribly effective with top up or down if you are driving, but if a client calls, I can answer and ask their pardon while I pull over.

I couldn't be happier and the kit makes it look like it was supplied with the car by Porsche. Rod also adds a start up screen that has the Porsche logo. Very nice.

Only draw back is that it takes a full 30 seconds or more to boot up. That's too slow and a bit of an annoyance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login