Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Door Window Problem
marty - 6 years ago
Sometimes when I use the one press and release method to completly raise my drivers side window, it moves up approx half way, then stops and drops a touch. If I press and hold the button down this never happens.

What's likely to have gone bad?

Marty (UK) 1999 Boxster 2.5 manual
You won't find too many people on this board with this problem since the North American models don't have this feature.

I think it has something to do with the "learning" and you need to teach the window where the stop is. IIRC, fixing it has something to do with raising and lowering the windows with the button inside the car but holding the button, not just clicking it. this is from memory though since, as you can see from my sig, i haven't had a boxster in a while.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
to reply to my own reply, i don't know why i thought the OP was referring to the key button that raises and lowers the windows. i had this on my boxster in europe and i believe it isn't available for NA models.

looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
... which get erased when you disconnect power (battery):
1.- Raise the window completely
2.- Click the switch "up" again and hold for 1 second.
3.- lower the window completely
4.- Click the switch "dowm" again and hold for one second
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Thanks for the directions, I'll give it a go later.

I've made the re-set and it works as before. However, half way up it makes a slight noise, like it's sticking or something is catching. Do I aim my spanners at the motor, or the glass lift mechanism...?

marty
I've made the re-set and it works as before. However, half way up it makes a slight noise, like it's sticking or something is catching. Do I aim my spanners at the motor, or the glass lift mechanism...?

Once the panel is off my WAG is you'll find the glass lift mechanism bad. Porsche refers to it as the power window, and I've also heard it called the "window regulator". These wear out and based on my direct experience with my Boxster and my 2nd hand info a lot more often than the electric motor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login