Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
1997 Boxster. Fixed the honking horn problem I posted about previously.

Today when I started the car I noticed the right side high beam headlight was on. Checked my light switch and it was in the off position. No blue indicator lamp on the cluster gauge
Played around with the light switch and the head light stayed on.
Ran some errands and the head light is behaving. What gives?

Second issue. Serviced the car at the dealer. The Tech checked the coolant and put the cap on wrong. He cross threaded it so it was not making a complete seal. Got home, car dumped some coolant on the ground. The inside trunk lid had condensation on it.
Coolant tank has 4,000 miles and four years on it. Drove the car again today. The lid has condensation on it. Is the tank shot? Did driving the car with the cap this way for 60 miles fry the tank?

Thanks.
In these old headlights, the wire sheaths tend to become brittle she eventually fall off altogether leaving the wires completely bare.
The high beam power wire may be closing its circuit. Pop the headlight out and check the wires.
In lieu of the bad headlight it could also be a bad ignition switch or a bad lights switch on that order.

Condensation on the inside of the runk lid could be:
1- A bad coolant cap which is not sealing correctly
2- A cracked reservoir
3- A bad pressure relief valve

Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login