Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Got 4 new tires to replace some Hankook v12 evos... I was bummed that the online places I used couldn't get the v12's in in my 18" sizes.

My Right Rear was pretty worn on the inside shoulder, I was going to be on cords soon right at the edge of the inside shoulder. The fronts were 9 yrs old, and have been on the car since I got it in 2009. All tires had a bit of cupping on the inside shoulder...

Man, very happy with the ps31 tires... quiet, comfortable ride, and all the grip that I need. They should get decent wear as well... The old hankooks had a wear rating of 280AA, I think these Kumhos are 400AA.... Online reviews indicate that it gets above average ratings,... comment that sticks out is that it has squishy sidewalls... Maybe for my 45yr old back, having squishy sidewalls on 35 and 40 series tires is a good thing.... more comfort... How much squish can you get anyways when your sidewall is less than 2"? smiling smiley

Seriously considering getting the rubber taken off in a couple seasons and swapping L for R to even out the wear and reduce scalloping hopefully....

Good prices online in Canada $680 I believe delivered after HST with instant rebate... Cost me $132 locally to get mounted, I brought the wheels in loose.

Peter
How can you swap them out L to R? Are these tires not "directional" which prevent rotating L to R? Assuming that's what you meant by that statement.
they would need to be removed from the rims and remounted.... costly, but might be worth it if it saves on tirewear, or scalloping... I know there are probably a lot of reasons for road tire noise, scalloping is only one of them...

Hope to get 3+ good seasons (late March to end of October) out of these tires....
Actually, if the tires have an asymmetric pattern ther is an “inside” and “outside”, just like your wheels, so no remounting is nesessary. Just move the right to the left. But now the tire will be rolling in the opposite direction, and I think that is likely to be a significant concern. I would just not do it. If the tread pattern is symmetrical, then yes, you would want to re-mount
... reverse them on the rims. L becomes right. Inside becomes out. best of both worlds, except it costs $$.

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I got almost 40K km (25K miles) out of my old v12 evos.... Maybe I am being too frugal... My left tires still look better than my right tires.... I'll see if I can get an alignment somewhere...

Everyone else getting even tire wear through the life of the tire? I'm driving a '01 S.
Petee_C
Got 4 new tires to replace some Hankook v12 evos... I was bummed that the online places I used couldn't get the v12's in in my 18" sizes.

My Right Rear was pretty worn on the inside shoulder, I was going to be on cords soon right at the edge of the inside shoulder. The fronts were 9 yrs old, and have been on the car since I got it in 2009. All tires had a bit of cupping on the inside shoulder...

Man, very happy with the ps31 tires... quiet, comfortable ride, and all the grip that I need. They should get decent wear as well... The old hankooks had a wear rating of 280AA, I think these Kumhos are 400AA.... Online reviews indicate that it gets above average ratings,... comment that sticks out is that it has squishy sidewalls... Maybe for my 45yr old back, having squishy sidewalls on 35 and 40 series tires is a good thing.... more comfort... How much squish can you get anyways when your sidewall is less than 2"? smiling smiley

Seriously considering getting the rubber taken off in a couple seasons and swapping L for R to even out the wear and reduce scalloping hopefully....

Good prices online in Canada $680 I believe delivered after HST with instant rebate... Cost me $132 locally to get mounted, I brought the wheels in loose.

Peter

Might be a good time for an alignment if you haven't done so in a while.
Maybe... I got an alignment 1 set of tires ago....

I read on the internet that the Right side gets more wear in North America because L turns are generally faster... dunno...

The wear on my left tires were more even than the right side for sure....
wear differential should be tiny.

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login