Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Guenter--What battery maintainer brand/model # do you use for winter storage? How did you connect it (Directly to battery or using the cig. lighter type 12V outlet---I don't have a smoking package but have two 12V cig. lighter type outlets available). If connected to cig. type outlet, how is wire routed to the maintainer through the door--under seal at bottom with door fully closed?

Tks.
Blackbird
Guenter--What battery maintainer brand/model # do you use for winter storage? How did you connect it (Directly to battery or using the cig. lighter type 12V outlet---I don't have a smoking package but have two 12V cig. lighter type outlets available). If connected to cig. type outlet, how is wire routed to the maintainer through the door--under seal at bottom with door fully closed?

Tks.

I doubt that you can still get tbe same battery maintainer that I bought 11 years ago.

It's a Porsche Charge-o-mat #980 611 981 00 which I plug into the cigarette lighter outlet (only reason I ordered the smoking package on my 981.) I've just routed it between the door seal and door sill with the door closed. It's worked well for 11 years.
You can also purchase one from Cteck (they make them Porsche, Audi, Lambos ect)
I Have 2 CTEK Multi US 3300 for over 10 years...no problems.

[smartercharger.com]
.. deep de-sulfation cycle. I have the model 7002. Its great. I do not leave it connected, but rather connect it periodically. It6s also brought at least one battery back from the dead. When you do store your car, make sure it "sleeps" which, i believe, requires the alarm to arm. That tales the draw to near zero.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
I have 2 of these Shumacher Battery Maintainers, one on my Boxster over winter and when not driven for several days during driving season, and another on my regular winter car if I don't drive it everyday or when it is predicated to be extremely cold out.

I have the pig tails attached directly to the battery and disconnect/connect at the base of the windshield. More convenient than using the cig lighter outlet I find.

Both have performed flawlessly for the 4 years I've owned them.

[www.batterychargers.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login